66 PUI seat cover seams don't line up - Chevelle Tech
Interiors Upholstery and soft trim

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 3rd, 06, 9:12 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Cool 66 PUI seat cover seams don't line up

Just finished one bucket seat on a 66 with PUI covers.

The main seams on the right and left line up.

But the stitching in the inside where the extra padding is stitched in is off about 3/8". Anyone else have this problem.

Think I should take a photo and send it in to PUI? Or is this common?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 3rd, 06, 11:17 AM
Senior Tech Team
John

Re: 66 PUI seat cover seams don't line up

I have not ordered my seat covers yet but I'd call PUI or their rep where you purchased the covers... Their website is here http://www.pui.cc/

Please post your results. I'll be watching this thread since this is a purchase just up the road for me too...
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 06, 2:51 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Re: 66 PUI seat cover seams don't line up

In the process of doing the interior this winter, FWIW here goes.

1. PUI window felts were wrong, reorder from Re Pops, the PUI clips were in the wrong place.

2. sent sun visors from PUI back, poor stitching around the ends. Had www.sunviors.com redo my old ones.

3. front door panels had the holes for the window crank and door handle about 1/8 in to low, as a result a fight to get the washer lined up for the door and window cranks and the clips in the holes on the door.

4. rear panels came damaged at the lower front ends. sent back, reorder, they also came damage in the same spot, so I fix them with glue and a thin piece of aluminum. Then on one panel the vinyl material was glue back to far, about 1/2", so it wouldn't come around the front of the pinch weld.

5. Stitching on the seams on the front buckets don't line up. Once you go though the process of getting those pull tabs hog ringed down and they line up it is obvious that a drunk sewed the inside padding on.

If this outfit is one of the best, I'd hate to see some of the poor ones.

And I do intend to write to PUI and send some photo's

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 5143 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.