Just thought i'd post my thoughts, and my results after doing my first set of bucket seats...
Started with the lower drivers side, Got my covers off.. Decided that my burlap was in good enough shape to re-use.
Put the new ACI foams on... and began trying to hogring in the lower bolsters.
To make a long story short- i wound up using brute force and hogrings to secure them down. Pretty much impossible to show in pics, but you are trying to combine the covers listing wire, with the hogring, and push it down into the trenches in the foam covers, through the foam,through the cloth foam backing, then throgh the cotton and burlap and finnaly attach to the cardboard covered wire that is attached under the seat springs.
It is darn near impossible to do this without removing some of the foam material. So that is what i did, using an xacto knife i cut out 4 small squares fromt he bottom of the bolster trenches, then went back with the covers and hogrings... Using the tips of my fingers on on hand i located the wire UNDER the springs and push it up... and then using my other fingers locate the wire from the top... and start pushing down as hard as i could with the hogring pilars to get through the material.
Took a few times to get the hang of it, by the last cover i was getting through all the material on the first try.
Once the bolster listing wires were attached the rest of the cover pretty much just fell into place.
I had turned the covers inside out while doing the bolster listing attachment... once that was on, i just started at the rear of one side and started working the cover around the foam edge- it was tight, but really no big deal to pull it over. Looked pretty wrinkly at this point, but then once i attached the rear, and the worked my way around hogringing the outter edge, it pulled nice and tight. I really didn't do anything to get it to not be wrinkly, they just pulled themselves out.
I did the same process for teh seat backs, i opted to re-use my existing back seat foam because it was in perfect shape... Same process for the seat back listing wires as well.
So... Lessons that i learned....
If you can have a friend handy when you are doing the bolster hogringing to push up on that listing wire under the springs that would help a ton.
I put the covers in the dryer on low heat for about 10 mins and when i got them out i thought they were going to melt! don't leave them in for very long!
When i took my seats apart, they had some cotton batting attached to a cheese cloth over the top of the bottom side bolsters, and also wedged into the listing wire trenches in the foam. When i put it back together i did not replicate this, and when i push on the foam, i can kind of feel and see the out line of that trench in the foam. I think if i did it again i would put cotton or polyester batting in the trench and over the bottom foam bolsters before i pull the cover over the edge.
Ok, heres the goods: My pics
Before & After
Driverside & Passenger Side