Help me decide, TMI or Procar for 68 Malibu bench to bucket conversion - Page 2 - Chevelle Tech
Interiors Upholstery and soft trim

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old May 20th, 20, 3:09 PM
Tech Team
Garret

I chose the standard covers as the car is street strip. Will have a roll and not be stock. It goes better with the theme of the car and what I wanted it to show. I did debate the factory look and liked it, but ultimate went this direction. Based of the envisioned final product. Car will be black with white rallies

Cheers

I'm curious, you chose the seats with the Pro-Series covers instead of the year correct chevelle covers... Any particular reason, or just liked this style better?

I have a feeling a set of these are going to find their way into my chevelle sooner or later and I'll unload my restored factory ones.[/QUOTE]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6BC015F6-0AA9-425E-83B1-594E23B85A51_1590001748050.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	627378  
RAMBO likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 20, 12:28 AM Thread Starter

Re: Help me decide, TMI or Procar for 68 Malibu bench to bucket conver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retnuh22 View Post
I put the TMI seats in. I used their 20 percent off sale to save some money. I live semi close and was able to sit in the majority of their lines at their facility. I found these to be the most comfortable for me. Iím 6 foot and a 38 inch waist. I fit in the bolsters pretty well but Iíd think anyone much bigger would be too wide for the seat. Very comfortable for sure. The car was a bench floor so I got the bench to bucket conversion brackets. Drilled four holes and with in an hour had both installed. Iíve done interior work on my other car from the springs up. This was the way to go as I didnít have days worth of labor into the project and got done nice quality buckets to boot.

Cheers
Those are nice looking seats. Are they the Sport-Rs? So how much of a elevation gain did you get after installing the TMIs? I'm 6' 5"

Did you need to shim the inner portion of the bracket at all?
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 4:06 AM
Tech Team
Garret

Yes, they are the Pro Series R’s. The build I’m doing was just a shell and rolling chassis when I got it. Had no wiring or interior. So... I can’t compare these to any nicely done factory seats. I sit just about where the headliner would be (as I don’t have one yet). But, the nice thing about the seat is that it reclines.... I’m sure at 6’5” you don’t fit too well in most cars. Moving the seat track back all the way I have a hard time reaching the pedals and the seat reclines basically flat.

I did have to shim the inner two mounting locations but not much and more so on the driver side. Looking thru the windshield I could tell it was no level due to the lines in the cover. Overall though very easy install and well worth the price for sure (tue discount didn't hurt either)

Cheers

Quote:
Those are nice looking seats. Are they the Sport-Rs? So how much of a elevation gain did you get after installing the TMIs? I'm 6' 5"

Did you need to shim the inner portion of the bracket at all?

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 7:43 AM
Senior Tech Team
Jeff

Re: Help me decide, TMI or Procar for 68 Malibu bench to bucket conver

My wife and I were driving home from a party last night, it was a 20 mile drive. I wish I could of had my wife slide up next to me when a few of our favorite songs came on from when we started dating in 1972, (we are both still head over heels for each other)..
I am so sorry I didn't switch to a bench when I did the interior in my 69 el Camino..

So, what I'm saying is if your still gaga over your wife or girlfriend, stick with the bench, buckets are lonely....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in