replacing carpet on my 69 - Chevelle Tech
Interiors Upholstery and soft trim

1Likes
  • 1 Post By B52bombardier1

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Today, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

replacing carpet on my 69

I'm looking to replace the carpet on my 69 SS. Anyone have any recommendations of the best fitting and quality? It has Buckets and console if that matters Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Today, 1:04 PM
Tech Team

Re: replacing carpet on my 69

Subd

Jax, FL

69 SS 396 El Camino
Numbers Match
(Resto began 7-17)
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Today, 2:06 PM
Tech Team
Rick

I went with the Essex style of carpet from ACC. No regrets. Fits well. I used a 40 watt soldering iron to melt the holes needed for the seat bracket and seat belt bolts.

You will need a sharp razor knife to cut this stuff.

Rick
vortec710 likes this.

1970 El Camino under Reconstruction - 5.3L LS VORTEC Engine and 4L60E Transmission

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Today, 2:24 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lance

Garage

Clever, smelly, but clever...no unravels to worry about
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Today, 6:33 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by novadose70 View Post
I'm looking to replace the carpet on my 69 SS. Anyone have any recommendations of the best fitting and quality? It has Buckets and console if that matters Thanks
Over the years I have found stockinteriors.com has the nicest pre-molded carpet that is very nice and a perfect fit.
And yes you must order the carpet for the floor pan you have, they're having a sale right now for $135
I would stay away from eBay as carpet you could get from them could've been on a shelf for years.
From stock interiors you will get a freshly made carpet and shipped out within a couple of days.
Every time I've ordered carpet from stock interiors I always call and talk to a person to make sure they understand exactly what I am ordering so I get exactly what I want.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Today, 7:39 PM
blm
Lifetime Premium Member
Brad

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by caminonut View Post
Over the years I have found stockinteriors.com has the nicest pre-molded carpet that is very nice and a perfect fit.
I never heard of them before this post. I have always thought that it really didn't matter what dealer one bought their carpet from as probably all from same source. Looks like this place may be different. Says all made in USA.
Has anyone ever tried the cut pile carpet from them? Think I am on my 3rd loop carpet in my 69. All 3 performed very poorly and I know at least one was ACC carpet. Gets matted quickly and fuzzy like nobody's business.
Opinions on using cut pile carpet? I know they never came with it.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Today, 7:48 PM
blm
Lifetime Premium Member
Brad

Garage

Just realized that stockinteriors.com is ACC carpet????

Anyway what about their cut pile?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Today, 8:42 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by blm View Post
Just realized that stockinteriors.com is ACC carpet????

Anyway what about their cut pile?
You can only get carpet from ACC as they are the only people that make the carpet.
You can get the carpet from several outlets that buy in bulk and have them laying on a shelf.
You can go directly to ACC and you will pay a lot more for the same piece of carpet that you can get from stock interiors.
stock interiors buys a lot of carpet from them and can offer it to the public for a lot cheaper price.
Other outlets pick up several quantities of carpet and have them in stock and sometimes they are laying around for months or even years in a box before they sell so you can guess what happens to pre-molded carpet after it's been in the box for quite a long time.
Stock interiors orders what you want directly from ACC and it is made right away and shipped out to you.

The cut pile carpet is a very nice upgrade, I have never bought the cut pile other than the floor mats that stock interiors offer.
The cut pile floor mats were a perfect fit and really look good, The last ones I bought I think they were around $123
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Today, 10:08 PM

I put the Essex from ACC in my 70 and I'm really happy with it. It layed down so nice and looks great. Worth the extra money in my opinion. I also installed 80 mil Kilmat sound deadener on the floor and 50 mil behind the seat and door panels. I can have a conversation now going down the highway. 😉👍
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in