1968 Power seat brackets and Power Seat unit??? - Chevelle Tech
Interiors Upholstery and soft trim

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 31st, 19, 1:43 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Casey

Garage
Unhappy 1968 Power seat brackets and Power Seat unit???

Okay so after Gary thankfully got me in the right direction on the Power seat brackets. I ordered them and got them yesterday.
I went to fit the brackets onto the floor in the places stated and have to admit I was sort of taken back by my disappointment.

The outter bracket seems to be bent? Or is this correct? Do I simply bend to fit the floor and make it level?
I didn't want to bend it in case it is the way it is supposed to be and I may have the wrong power seat unit.

Mine on the Left and Gary's photo on the Right the correct brackets and floor section

You can clearly see the rear of this bracket does not seem correct or in need of some persuasion to fit correctly.
This I can deal with. However when it comes to the power seat unit itself.
It is a 4 way only seat unit and the feet do not look like those I have seen posted by Gary and the unit he showed me.

Curious if this is a Chevelle power seat assembly or was I duped into thinking that when I got it for a whopping $20 almost 30 years ago?

You can see that the mounting brackets seem too long

Gary's picture being the last one you see the differences...

You can see similarities in both assemblies however the mounting feet seem to be different Gary's Pic is a 6 way seat. I don't think that should make any difference but maybe this is for an earlier year Chevelle? The fellow said he took it out of a 68 and I saw the car it was removed from sadly no digital back then and the floor was cut out anyway or I'd have had the brackets!

Interested to know if these brackets are correct and the assembly is incorrect or...?

Thanks to all who may reply

Casey

1968 Malibu sport coupe to go with
my Barbie wife of the same year!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 31st, 19, 7:54 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Casey

Garage
Re: 1968 Power seat brackets and Power Seat unit???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Casey View Post
Okay so after Gary thankfully got me in the right direction on the Power seat brackets. I ordered them and got them yesterday.
I went to fit the brackets onto the floor in the places stated and have to admit I was sort of taken back by my disappointment.

The outter bracket seems to be bent? Or is this correct? Do I simply bend to fit the floor and make it level?
I didn't want to bend it in case it is the way it is supposed to be and I may have the wrong power seat unit.

Mine on the Left and Gary's photo on the Right the correct brackets and floor section

You can clearly see the rear of this bracket does not seem correct or in need of some persuasion to fit correctly.
It is a 4 way only seat unit and the feet do not look like those I have seen posted by Gary and the unit he showed me.

Curious if this is a Chevelle power seat assembly or was I duped into thinking that when I got it for a whopping $20 almost 30 years ago?

You can see similarities in both assemblies however the mounting feet seem to be different Gary's Pic is a 6 way seat. I don't think that should make any difference but maybe this is for an earlier year Chevelle? The fellow said he took it out of a 68 and I saw the car it was removed from sadly no digital back then and the floor was cut out anyway or I'd have had the brackets!

Interested to know if these brackets are correct and the assembly is incorrect or...?

Casey

Okay after a few hours of searching I have found that it is indeed a Chevelle 4 way seat.
Mine does not look as pretty as the one I found on Ebay but will do the trick. I am guessing there are different mounting brackets for this seat assembly OR I will really have to modify them...

That is now the question....

ARE there different brackets for this seat that anyone knows of?
OR do I modify the power seat brackets I have to work with this seat frame?

Here are the pictures of the Ebay power seat assembly.

Looking forward to any helpful replies here...
Thank you

Casey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 31st, 19, 8:54 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Casey

Garage
Re: 1968 Power seat brackets and Power Seat unit???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Casey View Post

Casey

Not sure what is happening to the pictures. They were posted then the black squares with the crosshairs of doom so I posted the pics sort of again...

And the confirmation? that it is indeed a Chevelle 4 way power seat assembly here are the Ebay Pics

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190831_091846.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	602052   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190831_091901.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	602056   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190831_092051.jpg
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	602058   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190831_092055.jpg
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	602060  

Click image for larger version

Name:	4 way power seat assmebly.jpg
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	602066   Click image for larger version

Name:	4way power seat.jpg
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	602068  
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in