Interiors Upholstery and soft trim

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Philip

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 19, 9:25 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Dwayne

Wagon Headliner

I know there is a sticky for HLs. I need to remove 1/2 of my headliner to drill holes and install well nuts for a roof rack (my wagon never had one). The headliner has been replaced and is in good shape. Can it be partially removed and reinstalled? Any tips or tricks? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 19, 10:29 PM
Senior Tech Team

Re: Wagon Headliner

It's just like any other headliner with bows. First remove the the windlace & plastic trim from the windows & side panels. Then carefully peel the headliner away from the pinchwelds down each side & the tailgate opening.

Once that's done, now you have access to remove enough rear bows to access the roof itself. Before you take the bows out, make sure to mark their location in each hole they are mounted in. It's not crucial, but it does make reassembly easier.

You'll probably need to scrape the tar paper off the inner roof skin to mount the roof rack.

64 2 door Wagon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

67 2 Door Post Sold 11/21/17
LS1 T56

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

67 SS Tribute Sold

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 19, 11:31 PM
Administrator

Garage

The rear bows on a wagon are attached with screws. Not like the forward ones that are different lengths and can be placed in different holes.

RAMBO likes this.

Team Chevelle Gold Founding Member #42

L29 454, 4L80E, 12 bolt posi 3.31, GM 4 wheel disc brakes
63 Nova wagon

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 19, 7:07 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Dwayne

Thanks guys!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 19, 3:31 AM
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip View Post
The rear bows on a wagon are attached with screws. Not like the forward ones that are different lengths and can be placed in different holes.
Early wagons are different & don't have those brackets. All the bows in my 64 wagon are held in place in the holes.

I had no idea those brackets existed on later wagons. I learn something every day.

64 2 door Wagon

67 2 Door Post Sold 11/21/17
LS1 T56

67 SS Tribute Sold

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in