Procar Rally seats, anyone? - Page 4 - Chevelle Tech
Interiors Upholstery and soft trim

22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #46 of 53 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 19, 9:26 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Steve

Re: Procar Rally seats, anyone?

That's a good idea. I didn't use a heat gun, but yeah, it's supposed to be near 100 tomorrow. Thanks for the idea, I'll give it a try.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 53 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 19, 9:17 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by blm View Post

Pat, aside from asking them for the part numbers I think I would have told them that you are considering all brands of Chevelle rally covers and why should you purchase TMI over Legendary. Then I would call Legendary and do the same.

Brad,

The guy was pretty much an a** he quoted me a price on Sport R Covers and buns. I then looked on Summit and it was well over $100 cheaper. Since I was getting the black with red stitch, I just wanted to confirm the numbers I was looking at on Summit were correct and I was getting the right buns and he said he could not confirm anything regarding part numbers ! I said that I know I could call and talk to the Summit tech line but did not figure they would be experts on YOUR product. He just said "sorry, can't help you" . I like their covers for the more custom look, but that turned me off.
post #48 of 53 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 19, 10:00 AM
blm
Lifetime Premium Member
Brad

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pats70ss View Post
Brad,

The guy was pretty much an a** he quoted me a price on Sport R Covers and buns. I then looked on Summit and it was well over $100 cheaper. Since I was getting the black with red stitch, I just wanted to confirm the numbers I was looking at on Summit were correct and I was getting the right buns and he said he could not confirm anything regarding part numbers ! I said that I know I could call and talk to the Summit tech line but did not figure they would be experts on YOUR product. He just said "sorry, can't help you" . I like their covers for the more custom look, but that turned me off.
Well Pat that pretty much tells you what you need to know and is most likely an indicator of how they would handle things if a problem would develope. He should of at least explained why he was unable to provide you with a part number. Summit on the other hand is very helpful and will go out of their way if there is a problem.
Pats70ss likes this.

post #49 of 53 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 19, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by blm View Post
Well Pat that pretty much tells you what you need to know and is most likely an indicator of how they would handle things if a problem would develope. He should of at least explained why he was unable to provide you with a part number. Summit on the other hand is very helpful and will go out of their way if there is a problem.

Agreed on both ends. I have bought a LOT of stuff through Summit and think they are tough to beat. They are amazing with returns.

Will need to see if Legendary does anything that is a little different than stock looking, but not over the top.. I don't want to spend all the money to have a stock looking seat with just a bit of bolster to it.
post #50 of 53 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 19, 11:04 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pats70ss View Post
Brad,

Summit assigns their own part numbers to the TMI seat covers, door panels etc. If you go to TMI's site and configure the Sport R covers the way you want them, Matte Black Vinyl 6525 / Black Suede / Red Stitch Coupe for example, you will have the TMI SKU
46-82000-6525-99-RS-Coupe displayed and you can give that to Summit and they will assign their own pn to it and allow you to order them at a significant savings. Just my experience.
Pats70ss likes this.

Dave
USAF Retired (1968-1988)
UTC Aerospace Systems, Space Systems International - Retired (1989-2014)
post #51 of 53 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 19, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bates View Post
Summit assigns their own part numbers to the TMI seat covers, door panels etc. If you go to TMI's site and configure the Sport R covers the way you want them, Matte Black Vinyl 6525 / Black Suede / Red Stitch Coupe for example, you will have the TMI SKU
46-82000-6525-99-RS-Coupe displayed and you can give that to Summit and they will assign their own pn to it and allow you to order them at a significant savings. Just my experience.

Thanks Dave,

that is essentially what I did. I went to Summit looked up what I thought I needed. Wrote down the manufacturer part number, called TMI and just wanted to confirm that the numbers I was looking at on Summit's site were for the same parts he quoted me for, and he would not do it. When I originally called and asked for a quote he never gave me part numbers. I just said what I wanted and gave me a price. my main question was for the bun.. it appears one model fits more than one year of seat where the covers are pretty much year specific.
post #52 of 53 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 19, 12:52 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Call Matt's Classic Bowties. They sell TMI and are well versed on what you can custom wise. Always less expensive then Summit or direct.
Pats70ss likes this.

Jeff Evans
65 Chevelle, LS3/T56 transplant in progress
67 Chevelle, ZZ502, AFR 305, Straub Solid Roller, 400 Turbo, Moser Rear 3.42 gear
post #53 of 53 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 19, 4:07 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Ben

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ69chevelle View Post
I just finished covering my seats with the Legendary covers, but I'm not too happy with my work. There's still a few wrinkles I couldn't get out, and my hands gave up by the end of the day. Other than that though, they are good enough for my piece of junk. If I get ambitious, I'll try to work them out better, but it's doubtful. I threw the driver's seat in just to see how it felt, and yeah, it's firmer, but the old buns were crumbling and a bunch of springs were broken. I find them very comfortable but different. I'm 5'11 and 240#, and don't feel squished in or too high/far front. The only thing I would like is the rear to be lower just to lean the seat back a little, but I thought the same thing with stock seat covers too. I always have the seat in my other cars a little reclined. Anyhow, just thought I'd add my take on the Legendary Rallye seats. Once the car is driving again, I'll get a better feel of them. Forgot to add, they don't tilt forward as far because of the bolsters. That may or may not be an issue for some.
Seats look good! (at least on my smart phone screen!)
If its going to be 100deg out like you said, put the car outside with the windows up for a few hours, then work the vinyl with your hands to pull it away from the wrinkles... push it toward and around the closest edge- then repeat. any wrinkles/waves will disappear pretty rapidly depending on the spot. Others may relax and disappear with normal use (sitting in the seats).

Ben R.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in