LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #46 of 49 (permalink) Old Jun 17th, 19, 5:24 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Ben

Garage
Re: Lower seat trim

Quote:
Originally Posted by blm View Post
Hey this thread brings up another point. Can anyone prove that Chevys at least A body Chevys didnt get the plastic screens in the cowl relief holes. Can ALL those people with the screens installed be wrong?
Right or wrong, I like those plastic screens. Much better than no screens, and WAAAY better than the BOP cars that got what appeared to be metal screen door material screwed over the top!
RealRed70 likes this.

Ben R.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 49 (permalink) Old Jun 17th, 19, 5:40 PM
blm
Lifetime Premium Member
Brad

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMBO View Post
Right or wrong, I like those plastic screens. Much better than no screens, and WAAAY better than the BOP cars that got what appeared to be metal screen door material screwed over the top!
Ben,
I like them also and had them till I replaced the top of my cowl during a mild frame off I did 3 years ago. Those relief holes in the repo cowl are just a smidge bigger and the screens kept falling in the cowl. Finally just took them out. Still have the screens. Anyone have any ideas how to remedy?
Also the first place that let my car sit in their shop for 8 months (only thing they did was cut the top off repo cowl and weld it to my original cowl) Well when they had the top off they painted the inside of the cowl. Problem is they painted it body color and it is supposed to be satin black. Now that the screens are out the body color inside the cowl is much easier to notice.
post #48 of 49 (permalink) Old Jun 17th, 19, 7:18 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Ben

Garage

Quote:
Ben,
I like them also and had them till I replaced the top of my cowl during a mild frame off I did 3 years ago. Those relief holes in the repo cowl are just a smidge bigger and the screens kept falling in the cowl. Finally just took them out. Still have the screens. Anyone have any ideas how to remedy?
Also the first place that let my car sit in their shop for 8 months (only thing they did was cut the top off repo cowl and weld it to my original cowl) Well when they had the top off they painted the inside of the cowl. Problem is they painted it body color and it is supposed to be satin black. Now that the screens are out the body color inside the cowl is much easier to notice.
mix up a little jb weld and drip a little bit on one side, creating some little bumps under the flange... then once hardeded test fit. If they are still loose, add some more on the opposite side. shouldn't take much to make them fit tight. if you get it too tight, you can always file down the jb weld! Love that stuff!

Ben R.

-

post #49 of 49 (permalink) Old Jun 17th, 19, 8:44 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Jeff

Quote:
Hey this thread brings up another point. Can anyone prove that Chevys at least A body Chevys didnt get the plastic screens in the cowl relief holes. Can ALL those people with the screens installed be wrong?

Or that CAUTION FAN sticker! One million sold and counting, gotta be right, right?
davewho1 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in