7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 19, 9:52 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Paul

Re: Astro Air install

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobinPA View Post
I am in the process of converting my classic air under dash vents in my 68 to the factory style vents. The after market under dash vents are really low, not fully adjustable, and as a result do not circulate air all that well, unless you like all the air going into your crotch. As to size the GM vents use a 2 1/2" hose and the aftermarket kits use 2". You can buy a vintage air adapter on Jegs and Summit for a few bucks and they work great. It all clicks together. I already have the passenger side vent installed, and it moves a lot more air and is better placed for passenger comfort. Shorter hose, less restriction, and better placement are all plusses in my book. I just got the parts for the center dash vent, so will be updating the driver side and center vents in the coming weeks.
What kinds of problems was the other member bringing up?
Cool if you have a chance/don't mind could you shoot me the Part numbers for what you are using for your vents and such. He was vague in his wording he just made it seem like it would be more trouble than its worth and or would just not work, but maybe I was just misunderstanding him or he was misunderstanding what I wanted to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 19, 2:02 PM
Gold Member
Gene

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkerpa3466 View Post
First and most importantly I like the look of the 69 dash over the 68 and as an afterthought security is a bit better with a locking steering wheel, not foolproof by any means but I figure that anything that slows down a thief makes it more likely they will get caught. also going to do some type of kill switch.
I wonder if the security aspect is true. I think car thieves got pretty fast at popping off the column mounted lock with a slide hammer. Having to actually hot wire a car might be a lost art.

68 SS396
Team Chevelle Gold #14
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 19, 6:08 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene McGill View Post
I wonder if the security aspect is true. I think car thieves got pretty fast at popping off the column mounted lock with a slide hammer. Having to actually hot wire a car might be a lost art.
Yeah I think your right but I am also going to do a kill switch or fuse to help with that end. I think the bigger deterrent will be the fact that it is a manual. not a lot of people can drive stick any more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in