Interiors Upholstery and soft trim

10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 14th, 18, 7:53 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Ole

Garage
Best Cordless Car Vac?

Who makes/sells the best rechargeable hand-held car vacuum? Don't necessarily want the cheapest or most expensive, simply want one that performs well, comes with usable accessories and sells at a competitive price. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 14th, 18, 8:18 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Garage
Re: Best Cordless Car Vac?

I bought this one. It works good and is small enough to take to a car show for the touch up detailing. Of course it doesn't have the suction of a shop vac but it does a good good job.

70 LS5 convertible
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 18, 12:23 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Al

Garage

I bought one of the latest greatest highly rated 12 volt corded units from Amazon. Piece of crap man! I don't see how so many people could say that thing was great. No suction but it had a ton of attachments and a hose. I tried another brand and it was crap too. Sent it back.

Then I bought this and it works pretty well. About 15 minutes run time. No attachments to speak of and the brush on the end is worthless. It has a snorkel pull out dealio than can be shoved between the seats. It does have decent suction to pick up loose debris, but if it needs brushing it's not too cool. Good for "touch ups"

Personally, I prefer a small shop vac with a hose or even the big daddy. I rather roll a cable than try to pick up a crumb 20 times with a Mickey Mouse vacuum.
shovelrick likes this.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 18, 12:51 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Ole

Garage

Thanks for the responses, guys. I wanted this for touch-up at car shows, as I live in the sticks with a gravel driveway and always get in the car with dirt on my shoes after closing the shop door.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 18, 1:07 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Al

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltherring View Post
Thanks for the responses, guys. I wanted this for touch-up at car shows, as I live in the sticks with a gravel driveway and always get in the car with dirt on my shoes after closing the shop door.
That pivot deal Mike showed you is probably better for your purpose. It has the same type snorkel and worthless brush on it as the one I have. The one I have is shaped like an egg and it will roll all over the place.... Like playing pinball your trunk.
Saltherring likes this.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 18, 7:51 AM
Tech Team
Allan

I use my leaf blower, works great.
DUTCH MAX HEADWORK likes this.

Allan
66 SS396 325 HP M20

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 18, 9:03 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Allen

I haven't tried one yet but if you already have cordless shop tools you might look at one that uses the same batteries.

I'm a big fan of the Milwaukee M12 & M18 Fuel series, if they perform like their other tools then they would be hard to beat.

Links:

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Produc...d-Fans/0882-20

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Produc...d-Fans/0850-20
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 18, 10:23 AM
blm
Lifetime Premium Member
Brad

Garage

I use a color matching mat and just shake it out if iet collects dirt at a show. Good thing about black carpet is all the debris is easy to see.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 18, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Ole

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown1932 View Post
I haven't tried one yet but if you already have cordless shop tools you might look at one that uses the same batteries.

I'm a big fan of the Milwaukee M12 & M18 Fuel series, if they perform like their other tools then they would be hard to beat.

Links:

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Produc...d-Fans/0882-20

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Produc...d-Fans/0850-20
Good thought!

I have a set of Milwaukee 12V tools; drill/driver/ hammer drill, flashlight and 3/8 ratchet...and many batteries. I have been impressed with the power and versatility of these small tools. Of course I've got 2 Milwaukee Holeshot Drills, 4 and 9-inch grinders, worm drive saw, Sawzall, portable bandsaw and probably some other Milwaukee stuff I've forgotten. Most of my Milwaukee collection is 30-40 years old and I've gotten good use from these 120V tools.
shovelrick and Blown1932 like this.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 18, 12:20 PM
Tech Team
Brian

Garage

Just ordered this...buddy uses it on his boat and works great...will see how well it works in the confined space of a car. Good for quick cleanups and fits all my batteries. https://smile.amazon.com/DEWALT-DCV5...rds=Dewalt+vac

1966 SS 396 4 speed Chevelle

1968 Chevelle Malibu
Family owned since new
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 18, 1:16 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Kim

Garage

right there in the same line of thought, this is the one I have. It kicks butt. Nice crevice tool, longish hose, and A/C too if you want. For the DeWalt guys.

https://www.dewalt.com/products/powe...vacuum/dcv581h
Charles Kees likes this.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 16th, 18, 3:04 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Al

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBE66SS View Post
Just ordered this...buddy uses it on his boat and works great...will see how well it works in the confined space of a car. Good for quick cleanups and fits all my batteries. https://smile.amazon.com/DEWALT-DCV5...rds=Dewalt+vac
I have one of those and it does a pretty good job. Add a dust brush and between seat attachment to work out the dirt and stuff from the carpet and you are in business. It will run about 15 minutes on a decent battery. Plus it's cool if you already have Dewalt tools.

https://smile.amazon.com/Shop-vac-90...pd_rd_wg=WQAR8
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 16th, 18, 3:06 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Al

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelteredv View Post
right there in the same line of thought, this is the one I have. It kicks butt. Nice crevice tool, longish hose, and A/C too if you want. For the DeWalt guys.

https://www.dewalt.com/products/powe...vacuum/dcv581h

You're killin me. Now I know of another tool I NEED. That thing looks awesome. If your batteries take a dump you can plug in directly into 120v. Gotta have it now.
shelteredv likes this.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 16th, 18, 3:34 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
rick

Garage

Milwaukee cordless tools are pretty darn good and if you already have some like myself it's hard to beat, you'll already have extra batteries and chargers, I have their 12 volt inspec. cam, tubing cutter, impacts, flashlight, 7-8 batteries and a few other things, looks like I'm getting 1 of these myself, didn't know they made them lol
Saltherring likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 18, 12:09 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Elroy

Garage

Dyson hand vac, amazing piece. Not sure what a milwaulkee would be like, sure like their tools and batteries...

66 SS396 resto pics

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 433 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.