11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 18, 2:25 PM
Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by any4xx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanniziomas View Post
I’m missing something here, which Corbeau and Procar are you looking at for $2K?

Corbeau Sport are $600/pair, Scat Procar Elite etc are in the same range.

I’m looking in replacing my 66 bench with Corbeau Sport probably
The Procar I’m looking at are the Elite Lumbar in leather. Just a bit over $800.00 each without mounting brackets. Mounts are about $120 each. So right under $1,900.00. Corbeau A4 with bases, heaters, lumbar supports, and covers are about $1,600.00. If I’m going to compare them to Recaro’s I’m not going to shop for their cheapest models. I can easily find uncomfortable fixed back seats for even less than $600.00 per pair.
Got you, not sure why you are under the impression that the Corbeau Sport, etc are fixed back. Or uncomfortable! Some of them, dimensions wise, are perfect.

Have you seen/sat in them in person? I’ve had them in 3 cars and are high quality, very comfortable and last, but your definition of high quality might be different.

Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 18, 2:28 PM
Tech Team

Quote:
Well... it is sounding like my beautox will be just fine planted in either a Corbeau or a Procar. At least no-one is reporting that theirs was an absolute pile of garbage. The extra few thousand dollars will be put to better uses. Thank you all for your input.
That’s how I see it, $s spent on better things.

As mentioned above, I’ve had personal experience with the Corbeau seats and they were great, sounds like Procar is on the same lines.
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 18, 4:56 PM
Tech Team
Dan

Garage
Re: Recaro. Corbeau. Procar. Whos had two?

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1rotate View Post
Dan
I think the Procar 90s look appropriate in the car, almost original but not quite, I find them very comfortable.
The mounting brackets give you three height positions, if you are tall, you will need to use the lowest position. I did that and I have plenty of headroom.

Jim
I thought they looked "stock-ish" enough....i really cant bring myself to just toss in some seats out of a honda from craigslist, but at the same time, well, we all know what A-body seats are bringing. I agree from your pic that they do look appropriate.

Im not tall, but i feel tall when driving my car. Not sure if my seat was redone to make the PO sit higher", but the first i said to myself when i got in that car was, "good thing im not taller."

post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 18, 5:11 PM
Clint

I've been looking at a pair of Braum Elite seats, for my Corvette. They have pretty good reviews.
https://www.carid.com/braum/elite-se...yABEgJ19vD_BwE

Clint Hooper

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 18, 7:10 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Tom

[QUOTE=Clint44;10973626]I've been looking at a pair of Braum Elite seats, for my Corvette. They have pretty good reviews.
https://www.carid.com/braum/elite-se...yABEgJ19vD_BwE[/QUOTE

What year Corvette? I know that my C3-4-5s were so darned narrow inside that it was about impossible to find seats that would fit. Im 6-0, 210, with wide shoulders and my last C5 had really tight seats. Whatever the case, I will certainly look at the BRAUM brand. Thank you.
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 18, 7:43 PM
Clint

[quote=any4xx;10973700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint44 View Post
I've been looking at a pair of Braum Elite seats, for my Corvette. They have pretty good reviews.
https://www.carid.com/braum/elite-se...yABEgJ19vD_BwE[/QUOTE

What year Corvette? I know that my C3-4-5s were so darned narrow inside that it was about impossible to find seats that would fit. Im 6-0, 210, with wide shoulders and my last C5 had really tight seats. Whatever the case, I will certainly look at the BRAUM brand. Thank you.
It's a 2002 Z06. Stock C5 seats aren't that great, I agree, but quite a few companies make seats that will fit.
I'm 5-9 and 215, with 38 waist.

Clint Hooper

Sold

Sold
post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 18, 8:42 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Tom

[quote=Clint44;10973724]
Quote:

It's a 2002 Z06. Stock C5 seats aren't that great, I agree, but quite a few companies make seats that will fit.
I'm 5-9 and 215, with 38 waist.
Nice choice. This was my 04 driving away with the new owner in May. Which allowed me garage space for my El Camino.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2458B772-C3DA-44E5-9DD4-AFF450D17319.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	578722  
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 18, 8:44 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Tom

And, yeah.... Ive had three C5s. The seats are not exactly the best.
post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 18, 9:46 PM
Clint

This is my first C5. My last five Corvettes were C4's, with the last three being ZR-1's.

any4xx likes this.

Clint Hooper

Sold

Sold

Last edited by Clint44; Nov 13th, 18 at 1:32 AM.
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 18, 11:11 PM
Tech Team

It's a shame this ebayer is out of Poland. If its not a scam it would be a great deal on a pair of recaro ergomed s. I keep drooling over these for my car.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RECARO-Ergo...EAAOSwSUdbX0Ss

67 Chevelle
58 Vette
69 Camaro

Build Thread:
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 18, 6:10 AM
Senior Tech Team
Joe

Quote:
Thank you for your input. I just gave this same advice to a friend who was shopping for a $400.00 PAIR of seats for his Chevelle. I didnt mention Sparco in my post, but I had looked at them also. I find it easy to spend for quality when the spread is maybe a thousand bucks. But when the spread is several thousand, well, it gets harder. Im somewhat inclined to start saving for the Recaro and just toss a set of cheap seats in to get me by. My problem is that I want to change to a floor shifter and swap in a new steering column. Both those mods are held up until I can dump my bench seat.
Don't

Don't need buckets top mount a floor shifter. There are some companies that make really nice replacement bench seats, I had looked into this prior , my '69 Chevelle had a bench.

Something like a split back bench in an Elco would be nice. They're quoting 2195.00 in leather. Not bad
Tea's Design | Products and Prices
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0102.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	578730  

post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 18, 1:19 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Tom

Quote:
Got you, not sure why you are under the impression that the Corbeau Sport, etc are fixed back. Or uncomfortable! Some of them, dimensions wise, are perfect.

Have you seen/sat in them in person? Ive had them in 3 cars and are high quality, very comfortable and last, but your definition of high quality might be different.

Good luck
In short, I have a stiff body. Seriously; I was the only kid in kindergarten that couldnt sit up on the floor, and thats never changed even though Im almost 60 years old. Good European breeding, I guess. I have to recline my seats beyond the average or my back kills me.

Regarding quality I guess its not so easy to define. But I want the frames to be solid and adjust smoothly. I hate vinyl, as my other body-defect has me running hot all of the time. I go to work in shorts and a t-shirt while everyone else is bundled in three layers. Leather lets me stay a bit cooler and vinyl makes me feel like Im sitting on a heater. Ive only had one set of Corbeaus and they were cloth. They faded immediately and unevenly. One of the seats turned gray and the other a weird shade of green. BUT... the seats did feel good.

So... basically I need adjustments to make up for my screwy body.
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 18, 1:24 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Tom

Quote:
Thats how I see it, $s spent on better things.

As mentioned above, Ive had personal experience with the Corbeau seats and they were great, sounds like Procar is on the same lines.
Im driving to see a friend in Utah in a few days then heading up so see a few more friends in Reno/Sparks. Im considering a side-jaunt to the Corbeau place in Sandy, UT since Im not on a time schedule. Perhaps theyll let my plant myself in a few of their chairs.
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 18, 1:32 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRN69CHV View Post
Don't

Don't need buckets top mount a floor shifter. There are some companies that make really nice replacement bench seats, I had looked into this prior , my '69 Chevelle had a bench.

Something like a split back bench in an Elco would be nice. They're quoting 2195.00 in leather. Not bad
Tea's Design | Products and Prices
Yeah... believe me; Ive tossed the bench/bucket idea back and forth in my head quite a bit. The bench I have is actually quite nice, albeit upholstered in the oddest vinyl material. Ive had this car since June and I have yet to have a passenger in it. I figure two chairs are probably one too many, and I sure dont need room for three. A big part of my decision is just because I like the adjustability of nice buckets. And I want to bring the floor shifter back to a position where my hand naturally rests on it instead of having to reach forward for it. Honestly, benches really make sense in these cars, but Ive got my heart set on buckets.
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old Dec 5th, 18, 9:59 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Tom

Just to update, I ordered a pair of Corbeau Evolution seats with lumbar bladders today. My trip through Utah was a bust, as the Corbeau main office was more of a business office and shipping warehouse. But it turned out that their dealer with the largest number of seats on their floor was less than an hour from my house. I also stopped by Summit in Sparks, NV, but they only had a few seats out to try.

Im REALLY glad that I took the time to plant myself in some seats. The seat that I had convinced myself would be perfect turned out to have side bolsters that poked me in my back right under my armpits. That would have made for a very uncomfortable ride.

Someone above mentioned Corbeaus fixed-back offerings. And it turned out that their Evolution-X is a fixed back version of the Evolution and it was very comfortable. But I still felt it worth a bit more money to have the adjustable back.

For anyone else on Nor-Cal looking for seats, TPS Motorsports in San Jose is worth a stop.

Tom.
DUTCH MAX HEADWORK likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 440 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.