1966_L78
Lifetime Premium Member
Tony

Garage
Re: 66-67 BBC Harrison Radiator research report

Great work...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
66 L78 - Based on my research and a photo from an unrestored 66 L78 without HD radiator, 66 L78’s got the Large 4-row unit with a finger guard and without a fan shroud as a standard part of the L78 package. So ordering the HD radiator option with a 66 L78 only added the shroud and dropped the finger guard. The basis for this conclusion is set out in the p/n section below.
Quote:
1966 L78 with manual trans, without HD radiator option (1966):
P/N – ___??___
(this is a “Large” 4-row radiator with finger guard)

The p/n may be 3010311, but there may also have been an earlier P/N prior to November of 1966. ... In the 7-1-1966 parts book, p/n 3010311 is listed as "second design" for L34 w/ AC or HD radiator (which has a shroud), and for L78 without HD radiator (which does not have a shroud)... Based on all of that, I believe 3010311 to be the p/n for the 4-row unit with a finger guard. But I do not know what the “first design” p/n was.
I have a radiator out of an original L78 car that was "parted out" years ago. Car was original and complete, except headers/shifter and wheels (still had the tach, the idler assembly, correct carb, etc). Had been parked since around 1975, and we got ahold of it around 1987. IIRC, the car was "04D" assembled in Fremont.

I still have the radiator, which I had recored in the early 90's (so the big code tag is missing, and I can't recall what it said, because I didn't think about asking for that to be saved) but the radiator is the #3007620, and matches your description of that radiator ("medium" size, finger guard, manual trans)... I found a tag soldered to the brackets (inside the "U" channel on the driver's side), with the part number and "Harrison"... I'll have to check again, but I thought I saw a code of "G 65" on the same bracket... The radiator is in the car, and i was checking with my flashlight...

Where are the top and bottom tank codes?

Once you go RAT, you never go back...
TC #1366

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

Sold

&

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome