SS "Clones" - Page 13 - Chevelle Tech
2003 General Tech Forum from 2003

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #181 of 185 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 03, 11:03 PM
Gold Founding Member
Dale

Political correctness?

TC Gold #92 ~ August 1998
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* Build Sheet Data Collection
* Author:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 185 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 03, 11:28 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Wally

Send a message via Yahoo to chevelledude71
If I may...Not alot of people know the difference in a SS or a clone. Around here, Prince George Va anyway; I get this comment all the time, "Nice Super Sport man". I do tell the person, that it's not a SS, I just left the two emblems on the car since they were on it when I bought it(Grille and rear bumper). I haven't bought anything else to put on the car to make anyone think it's a real SS, and I never will. I love all Chevelles, regardless if the car is a Malibu or a real SS, clone, tribute or just a plain rip-off SS.

Wally

SEMPER FIDELIS!!

T.C. #1952

post #183 of 185 (permalink) Old Jul 21st, 03, 3:25 PM
Tech Team
Mike

Point taken Mike. I like the white and silver cars - as long as they're not clone white or silver (just trying to ad some humor please do not take serious)

I think its time for me to say good by to this post [img]graemlins/waving.gif[/img]

mike69ss

post #184 of 185 (permalink) Old Apr 16th, 08, 9:03 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Ron

Send a message via MSN to BUBBA2711
Re: SS "Clones"

Ok. I have a 2dr 71 malibu 350 3spd auto column shifted bench seat, 4 whl man drum car from the factory. I have morphed it into a 2dr 71 402, m20, console shifted, round guages, cowl induction, tilt column, frt power disk. I could care less of the value. I used to look down on wagon and 4 door sedan owners. Not anymore! What makes the originals so damn special. My car did not start its life as an ss but will be one when i am done. I have NO intention of EVER selling my car. If it has ALL the things an ss came with from the factory why isn't it.

TC# 3709
A.C.E.S #8347
1971 Chevelle SS Clone Primer with black interior. 396 with a m20 4spd.
2009 Toyota Corolla LE 4 cyl.
1996 Toyota Camry LE 4 cyl.
1989 Ford F150 4x4 351W

Rules to life: 1. Don't sweat the small stuff. 2. Everything is small stuff.
post #185 of 185 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 08, 10:50 AM
Tech Team

Re: SS "Clones"

How many of you guy with a real SS dye your hair or beard ?? Are you a clone of years gone by ??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 4425 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.