Re: Magna-Flow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokker View Post

Here´s mine, stock ZZ502
with 3" and flowmaster 40´s.

Still trying to hear to awful drone
everybody´s talking about,

must be my ears..
Yes, you're likely right. It probably is your ears.

That exhaust system has destroyed your hearing.

Cilia does not re-grow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 62 (permalink) Old Jan 10th, 11, 4:52 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Danny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Dennett View Post
Yes, you're likely right. It probably is your ears.

That exhaust system has destroyed your hearing.

Cilia does not re-grow.
That just means you need to make it louder!

_______
Danny
1969 Chevelle Malibu 454

"When the people fear the Government there is tyranny, When the Government fears the people there is liberty" - Thomas Jefferson
post #33 of 62 (permalink) Old Jan 10th, 11, 9:22 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Remi

Like I said, I have pypes violators in shipment know LOL

65 Chevelle, ZZ502 with 11,2:1cr and 242/252 110 cam.
Th400. 3,73. 5200stall.
Best 1/8: 7,058 Best 1/4: 11,17 Best mph: 118,6 Best 60: 1,56
13.6mpg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bastard 65 project thread:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #34 of 62 (permalink) Old Jan 10th, 11, 10:26 PM
Tech Team
Norm

I was about to do the Magnaflow on my car (350) but picking up a Bassani 2.5 inch stainless with their 16 inch muffler. Comes with an X pipe. They developed a kit for the SB 66/67 but didn't move forward with manufacturing. I know this will change the car dramatically which I love. I think the sound will fit the whole scheme of my car. Still undecided wether replacing my dragging rusted long tubes with shorties or mids.

350/TH350
Patriot Mid Length Headers
Bassani X Pipe and exhaust:
Start up -

Idle -

Cruise -
post #35 of 62 (permalink) Old Jan 12th, 11, 7:53 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Danny

Quote:
Originally Posted by StorminNorm View Post
I was about to do the Magnaflow on my car (350) but picking up a Bassani 2.5 inch stainless with their 16 inch muffler. Comes with an X pipe. They developed a kit for the SB 66/67 but didn't move forward with manufacturing. I know this will change the car dramatically which I love. I think the sound will fit the whole scheme of my car. Still undecided wether replacing my dragging rusted long tubes with shorties or mids.

I checked out Bassani's website but didnt really see anything for bigblock Chevelle. Post a video of your 350 with the exhaust when you install it if you would.

_______
Danny
1969 Chevelle Malibu 454

"When the people fear the Government there is tyranny, When the Government fears the people there is liberty" - Thomas Jefferson
post #36 of 62 (permalink) Old Jan 13th, 11, 2:21 AM
Tech Team
Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyMopar View Post
I checked out Bassani's website but didnt really see anything for bigblock Chevelle. Post a video of your 350 with the exhaust when you install it if you would.
Will do. There is a PDF on the install on their site on a big block. YouTube has a marketig video of the same car but stupid song overshadows it. They are a small company so not a lot marketing.

I should have it in a couple weeks.

350/TH350
Start up -

Idle -

Cruise -
post #37 of 62 (permalink) Old Jan 13th, 11, 10:56 AM
Tech Team
Scott

Im not a big fan of the magnaflows, only because I like a harder hitting, louder idle. They do perform great and look nice!
Pops loves them- they are on his 70 SS454 chevelle (mild 461)2.5" all the way to the bumper, his 67 4-4-2 (mild efi, aluminum headed 462 olds roller) 3" and dump over the axle, and his 70 Torino cobra (11:1 521 roller with a healthy cam) 3" dumped at the muffler exit. All 3 are X pipe systems with headers.
They are stealth-like quiet at idle and VERY quiet at cruise. Even the big inch/big cam torino is quiet, but has a very deep, chest beating 'thump thump' at idle.
Stand on the gas and its a whole other story.....all 3 cars ROAR like satan himself is coming!
If I was ever going to build a sleeper type car, it would have magnaflows on it, hands down!

"You boys better hold on 'cuz I'm gonna hafta stand on it." - old man, Stroker Ace

Big Orange 66 cutlass
A-body Olds, chevelle drivetrain.
street/strip cruiser
pump gas SFT 496,
RHS 360s, 830 carb
TH400, 3800, 3.73
3600+lbs
all motor, no cage, brake, box, spool or trailer.
1.55/6.7/103/3000DA

Vid:

post #38 of 62 (permalink) Old Jan 13th, 11, 1:44 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mark

Cool Re: Magna-Flow?

I used the 2 1/2" Magnaflows on my mild 468 and it was perfect, deep low tone at idle and part throttle and plenty of noise when on it. Quiet for the long cruises with the exhaust exiting diagonally out and down by the rear bumper. It was louder in the cabin when I had it exiting at factory location behind the rear wheel. The tone is loud enough and low enough that this past summer when we stopped at the ice cream shop, the Import show that was there was waiting for us to leave to hear it. There was no interest in seeing how fast it was after they heard it. Can't post a video with sound now, 29" of snow yesterday.
post #39 of 62 (permalink) Old Jan 13th, 11, 1:53 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Kurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_orange View Post
They are stealth-like quiet at idle and VERY quiet at cruise.Stand on the gas and its a whole other story.....
That describes my 2 1/2" Magnaflows to a tee!

1969 Chevelle SS396 300 Deluxe Post Sedan Bench Seat 4-speed
Lemans Blue w/Medium Blue Ransom Cloth Interior
CE 402 M22W 4.56:1 12 bolt

Delivered to Van-T in Topeka, Kansas

A foreign car bought is an American job lost!

TC# 5139
ACES#09593

MCACN Show 2010

Street Trim
post #40 of 62 (permalink) Old Jan 13th, 11, 5:07 PM
Tech Team
Scott

FWIW, since were on the subject of exhaust:
these are flowmaster 30 series "top ten shootout" race mufflers, behind a 626hp 496, 3" pipes and muffs with dumps at the axle.
Theyre pretty tame for a flowmaster, and the car picks up NO time and <1mph in the 1/8 when uncorked, so theyre not hurting the power much, even behind the big motor. (it gained zilch behind a 450hp 396 + 175 shot of gas)
theyve been on the car since 1995

..and a track pass with the pipes corked up (sound quality sucks but give you an idea of how quiet it is)

"You boys better hold on 'cuz I'm gonna hafta stand on it." - old man, Stroker Ace

Big Orange 66 cutlass
A-body Olds, chevelle drivetrain.
street/strip cruiser
pump gas SFT 496,
RHS 360s, 830 carb
TH400, 3800, 3.73
3600+lbs
all motor, no cage, brake, box, spool or trailer.
1.55/6.7/103/3000DA

Vid:

post #41 of 62 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 11, 2:10 PM
Tech Team
Anthony

thrush magnum glasspacks
post #42 of 62 (permalink) Old Jan 20th, 11, 5:43 PM
Dean

no body has said anything about "cherry bomb" what’s up with that?
Personally I'm a flow master fan
post #43 of 62 (permalink) Old Jan 21st, 11, 1:06 PM
Tech Team
George

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamm69 View Post
no body has said anything about "cherry bomb" what’s up with that?
Personally I'm a flow master fan
Cherry bombs and glass packs are the worst mufflers out there nothing says redneck like the cakkley sounds of a cherry bomb or glass pack muffler even the new series of cherry bombs suck!

Ive run flow masters on my cars but on my daily driver got tired of replacing them from rusting out all the time after the second set told them to kiss my a$$ and i run borla on my daily now and magna flows on the hot rod!

post #44 of 62 (permalink) Old Jan 21st, 11, 2:36 PM
Tech Team
Norm

A friend of mine had Cherry Bombs on his beautiful Mustang Cobra. A little kid - 9-10 year old pointed to it and told his dad that it sounded like ass. It was hilarious.

Waiting to put this in...

350/TH350
Start up -

Idle -

Cruise -
post #45 of 62 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 11, 4:00 PM
Tech Team

Thumbs up Walker Dynomax UltraFlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by StorminNorm View Post

A friend of mine had Cherry Bombs...

A little kid - 9-10 year old pointed to it

and told his dad that

it sounded like ass.

That a&&-sound is highly desirable w/the "NOISE = POWER" crowd & the needy "LOOK-AT-ME" poser groupies.

It's the total Chevelle equivalent of the Import kiddies & their clownish FART CANS.

Even a little 9-10 year-old boy knows!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 2152 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.