Team Chevelle banner

Mark Jones 496

3K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  427L88 
#1 ·
Huge shoutout to Mark Jones aka Vortecpro. I couldn't be happier with the engine Mark built. Excellent customer service always answers the phone or calls back. Extremely knowledgeable. Here are the specs.... the car is now complete!!

4.310 X 4.250 9.9 compression, ported 049 GM heads 1.880/2.190 238/248/578/608/108/104.5 Hyd roller, Performer RPM air gap intake, 1000 CFM pro systems carb, 1 inch spacer, Milodon pan.
664 HP @ 6300 RPM 662 TQ @ 4200 RPM.

https://youtu.be/sovlkcQiow8

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Thanks Rick! I've had the car for 20 years and it has seen several engines and Hooker, Hedman, and Patriot long tube headers.... All of them had clearance problems. This last go around I figured I should bite the bullet and get a pair of Dan Lemons and be done with it. They are pricey compared to the others, and take a long time to make, but worth every penny fit perfectly and look great!!!

#10 ·
664hp with a dual plane intake?? Who would have ever though that could happen. lol. Nice Chevelle.:thumbsup:

Reactions: MYWAY
#11 ·
Nice looking garage as well. Glad the Chevelle and the 496 have a flat screen to watch. :)

Reactions: MYWAY
#15 ·
The company I had install the roll bar put it on the dyno to check timing and air fuel ratio. I didn't really care about the numbers nor ask them to push it too hard because the motor is new and I just wanted to make sure the carb was adjusted properly and everything was working correctly. I never switched out the rev limiter module from the last motor which was a 5500. I'll have to find the sheet but I recall it made 640 tq and around 590 HP. The guy who owns the shop is a big name in the Houston area and said he was blown away at how strong the motor was. Very happy with the finished product.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.