Team Chevelle banner

1990 aluminum heads, casting #10088113

22K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  paulh12 
#1 ·
Seller says these are corvette heads that's neither here nor there to me. Will they work with gen1 small block? Will they require a special manifolds to work? Quick Google search some say they will others say they won't, my current preformer will work. I don't think they are vortec heads so i "think" original manifold and that they should work with gen1. But I'm certainly not that knowledgeable on what works with what on chevy anymore, never was but its a lot more complicated than it was when I was sixteen and there was only one generation lol.

Will they perform better than cast iron 3932441 heads?

Thanks

#2 ·
Yes they will work and your intake should fit.
They are from Corvette tpi 88-90 and later was used on zz4 crate engines.
Small chambers around 58cc of I remember correct. Centerbolt valvecovers.

Reactions: LeoP
#4 ·
There is someone here that has a set for sale for like $700 that max flowed 254 cfm so with some work that head is pretty good. IMO they are not much better than most other GM heads and Vortecs would be a better choice.

#6 ·
they arent a high flowing head. As said youll get a little more compression....small valves old school combustion chamber.
Even with bigger valves and porting they arent any better than a well ported iron head. Id keep looking

AFR just came out with a 1000-1200 st head as cast.

#7 ·
Ok thanks for the replies, could get them for $200, thought it might be worth it, but with what it's going to do to my cr and force me to buy new pistons when I think I'm going to get buy with a home job and go back with what I have they may not be worth it even at 200..

#8 ·
For a 283/307 a great head. The smaller valves will work with the small-bore. 327 OK. The flow is a little small for a modern cammed 350. The ZZ4 was "only" 355 HP. The L-98 in a Vette was 255 hp.
The good news is the 40lb weight reduction.

#10 ·
I found this and on post #26 some stock flow numbers.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forum...minum-cylinder-heads-what-would-you-do-2.html

I would not run them unless i ported them.

I have 58cc chamber iron heads on my 350" currently and they have been on this engine for over 100,000 miles.
I have .013 piston down the hole and .039" felpro head gasket.
The heads are ported 601 casting with 1.84-1.50 valves.
91 octane and 35 total timing is only 3 HP less than 38 total timing on a wheel dyno.
RPM intake.
Currently have a 280H comp cam in it but ran for many years the 268H 2 different ones one ground on a 106LSA and another on a 112LSA.
225 Psi cranking pressure with the 106LSA.
You should be able to pull it off with an aluminum head with 58cc chambers.

My pistons are massaged No sharp edges on them and no sharp edges in the combustion chamber and this includes the edge of the chamber.
320-400 grit sandpaper can be used to break the sharp edges.
My small 1.84-1.50 601 heads flow about 20 cfm on intake and exhaust side more at .500" lift than those 113 heads.. but mine are ported.

I really like the small chamber heads.
Never ran the 113 though.
I shift at 7000 rpm with my 1.84-1.50 head.. so the small valve myth of no power is just that a myth.
Shape the port and chamber correctly and they will make power.

That goes for just about any head.

#13 ·
GM used a special head gasket on ZZ4 engines. #12557236 Their getting scare, so grab a set IF your even think about these heads,
The ZZ4 was 355hp. I have been told all dolled up the head will support 450 HP MAX
How HP are you looking for?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.