Engine General Engine Discussion.

14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #31 of 54 (permalink) Old Aug 31st, 19, 6:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville beth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Tiley View Post
Go with this fully dressed SP350/357 kit from Jegs.

https://www.jegs.com/i/Chevrolet-Per...7080K/10002/-1
That's an awesome deal. The vortec intake is expensive by itself.

Don't pass this up !

That engine will idle smooth with a tiny lump in it's idle and have great vacuum, just what the OP said he wants.
I will consider this package. Parts will not be ordered until next week, unfortunately. If you’re in FL, be safe this weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 54 (permalink) Old Sep 1st, 19, 12:46 PM
Tech Team
Chris

Garage
Re: Help me choose a crate SBC for my '64, please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Tiley View Post
Go with this fully dressed SP350/357 kit from Jegs.

https://www.jegs.com/i/Chevrolet-Per...7080K/10002/-1

Commercial announcer:
"And if you act now, the $150 off will put that nice motor in your garage on budget!"

Chris
post #33 of 54 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 19, 3:41 PM
Senior Tech Team
Brandon

Thanks for the plugs guys, we appreciate it. Below is our most popular engine / bang for the buck and we offer members 7% off. These are hand built here in Texas with name brand parts you can trust. Some of the others mentioned are assembly line built and with Chinese heads/parts. They are also ripping off our engine combinations....what does that say?

I know the warranty is scary, but we stand behind our product as well as outline our warranty online. We go out of our way to help customers when we can. ATK is a very large company, most people dont realize that when they look at google/online reviews. ATK as a whole has built over 10 million engines to put it into perspective. the majority of what you see online is aimed at our Reman company, not the high performance side. The number of reviews vs overall picture is actually a rather minute amount and quite a few our installer error we get blamed for.

If I can help, let me know.

https://www.high-performance-engines...5hp-p/hp94.htm

post #34 of 54 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 19, 4:33 PM
Senior Tech Team
Justin

Garage
If I was looking for a crate motor I’d do an ATK over the blueprint engines. Better prices and combination of parts. Also I’m pretty sure the ATK heads are profilers?

1974 chevelle with 73 laguna nose sbc 357 Brodix IK180 heads Comp Cams XE274H Edelbrock RPM airgap 650 AED double pumper, M20 muncie, Truetrac with 3.73s
post #35 of 54 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 19, 5:26 PM
Senior Tech Team
Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF74chevelle View Post
If I was looking for a crate motor Iíd do an ATK over the blueprint engines. Better prices and combination of parts. Also Iím pretty sure the ATK heads are profilers?
Thank you!

They were, but we are using all Dart now. We had to part ways with Pro-Filer as they were not able to keep up causing PO's not to be filled for 8+ months which in turn caused us to lose allot of sales.
post #36 of 54 (permalink) Old Sep 4th, 19, 9:45 AM
Tech Team

I just placed my order for ATK’s HP94 383 stroker motor last week. I have to say that I have had contacted them a couple times with questions and the customer service has been top notch. I did price out other companies and no one has been able to beat the 7% off and free shipping. If their motor is as good as their price and customer service, then I made a fantastic decision. I just wish it would get here sooner, so I could start installing it!!
post #37 of 54 (permalink) Old Sep 4th, 19, 9:54 AM
Senior Tech Team
Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyDevil5 View Post
I just placed my order for ATKís HP94 383 stroker motor last week. I have to say that I have had contacted them a couple times with questions and the customer service has been top notch. I did price out other companies and no one has been able to beat the 7% off and free shipping. If their motor is as good as their price and customer service, then I made a fantastic decision. I just wish it would get here sooner, so I could start installing it!!
We appreciate it! We will try our best, but PLEASE keep in mind the tariffs have really hurt the industry and caused longer lead times on allot of engines. Every part manufacture is out of parts, the largest cam core supplier in the world has been down with bad heat treating and machines down hurting every cam company (we haven't seen orders filled since February) etc. I dont think we have a problem on parts for that engine, we just got pushrods in that we were waiting for, for 3 months! Please keep us informed on how the install goes, and send pictures!
post #38 of 54 (permalink) Old Sep 4th, 19, 10:59 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notalent View Post
We appreciate it! We will try our best, but PLEASE keep in mind the tariffs have really hurt the industry and caused longer lead times on allot of engines. Every part manufacture is out of parts, the largest cam core supplier in the world has been down with bad heat treating and machines down hurting every cam company (we haven't seen orders filled since February) etc. I dont think we have a problem on parts for that engine, we just got pushrods in that we were waiting for, for 3 months! Please keep us informed on how the install goes, and send pictures!
WOW Brandon.....when will things return to normal for you?

67 chevelle malibu / SS/ custom

Currently undergoing a metal work to remove all rust, if I ever get there.

Cant decide on prostreet or cruiser with a 4 speed.
post #39 of 54 (permalink) Old Sep 4th, 19, 12:53 PM
Senior Tech Team
Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
WOW Brandon.....when will things return to normal for you?
I really wish we knew. The price increases on parts have seen their share of the tariffs, metals US companies use to make their parts have seen the increases so everyones slowing down on what they stock in fear of nobody is going to pay the prices for parts. We have been looking at many different avenues to manufacture our own parts elsewhere and buying out companies that have parts to keep prices low while we can, but there is a price increase coming this year very soon
post #40 of 54 (permalink) Old Sep 4th, 19, 1:08 PM
Tech Team

I just want to clarify that in no way whatsoever was I complaining about waiting too long for the motor to ship to me! I understand completely. I’m just extremely excited and cannot wait to get it in my Chevelle. Although, I think my wife and daughters are getting sick of me listening to the short video of the motor running on ATK’s website!!
post #41 of 54 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 19, 2:34 PM Thread Starter

Alright Gentlemen (and Ladies),

After some delays over the weekend, parts are finally ordered with an ETA of Monday or Tuesday of next week. I ordered the SP 350/357 base engine (part #19367080), intake manifold (part #12676887), and ignition system (part #93440806). I am still not sure which of the three flywheels in the installation guide (https://tinyurl.com/yy8qcgoe) I will need, and I'm also not sure if the carburetor on my old engine will be right for this application, so I'm going to hold off on ordering those for now and wait for my mechanic to take a closer look at those parts.

Last edited by GeckoTail; Sep 5th, 19 at 2:36 PM. Reason: typo
post #42 of 54 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 19, 6:57 AM
Boldly procrastrinating
Tom Terrific II

Garage

A new style Holley 670 vacuum secondary would be perfect. What do you have now?

Tom Terrific or Terrible Tom, depending on the phase of the moon, passing cosmic rays or other factors not fully understood except by my wife.
post #43 of 54 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 19, 9:54 AM
Senior Tech Team
Ed

Garage

For a "normal" 350, the AFB/Edelbrock style carbs around 600CFM are great driving carbs from my minimal experience. But for top end power, I'd leave it to the experienced guys.

1967 El Camino Malibu - Deepwater Blue
ZZ4 350, FiTech 600 complete!,Roadmaster tank, 700R4, Underdash A/C in progress, JGC Steering, 1990s truck serpentine.
post #44 of 54 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 19, 1:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Mobley View Post
A new style Holley 670 vacuum secondary would be perfect. What do you have now?
I don’t know what I have, actually. Gary from GM Performance told me not to go higher than 670 cfm, and the installation guide says the same. If the carburetor on the old engine is over 670, I’ll get a different one. If not, I hope to keep it and have my mechanic swap it onto the new engine.
post #45 of 54 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 19, 2:11 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Beth

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoTail View Post
I donít know what I have, actually. Gary from GM Performance told me not to go higher than 670 cfm, and the installation guide says the same. If the carburetor on the old engine is over 670, Iíll get a different one. If not, I hope to keep it and have my mechanic swap it onto the new engine.
Don't worry too much about cfm if the carb is a vacuum secondary spread bore design. A 750 quadrajet will only supply the air the engine wants.

I would put a spreadbore carb on that engine. It will get much better gas mileage than a Holley.

A stage 2 quadrajet from SMI would be perfect. Or a 625 street demon would be good too. I don't like the edelbrock carbs.

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel...mon/parts/1901

https://www.smicarburetor.com/produc...2/productID/47
Kirk's67SS likes this.

67 Chevelle convertible, 138 vin, original 4 speed, bucket seats, Marina Blue with black interior
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in