Hello from Quebec! - Chevelle Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 9th, 19, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
Team Member

Hello from Quebec!

Hi guys and girls! My name is Patrick , 46 Y/O i live in Quebec near Montreal, i am mostly french speaking so sorry in advance for the mistakes i can make while expressing myself in English.

Well after many years i finally got my dream car ( Chevelle 71 with a 454 ) I hope i can learn from you all as i am fairly new to this mechanic. Love the sound and power of my new baby, but yesterday i hurt her i think.

After a strong acceleration i heard a clacking noise. Now my cowl induction flap door is shaking at idle and i hear a ticking sound inside the engine. I don't know where to start to verify my problem. A bit of guidance would be appreciated. Also my temperature was a bit on the high side before (190 steady with both fans on ) and after the mishap the temperature dropped to 170.

Since a day or two my radiator was always pressurized ( even when the car sits for many hours ) when i open the radiator the fluid would gush out. Could it be a head gasket? I just don't know what to do or where to start. I hope i do not need a new engine rebuild, because the car cost me ``Mucho dineros`` to acquire and the engine was supposed to have been rebuilt 2 years ago.. About 500-550 HP is what i been told. Was running like a mad banshee until yesterday
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 9th, 19, 8:29 PM
Gold Member
Freddy

Re: Hello from Quebec!

Welcome to the site.

Freddy
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 9th, 19, 9:50 PM
Senior Tech Team
Claude

Re: Hello from Quebec!

"Patrick Noel", I sent you a "pm"

Claude.

1971 Chevelle SS
1987 Buick Grand National 9.48 @ 142 mph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in