Team Chevelle banner

Engine bay pictures

17K views 88 replies 47 participants last post by  Pats70ss 
#1 ·
I spent a lot of time this winter cleaning up my engine bay. rerouting heater hoses and fuel lines, cleaning up and putting black mesh over the a lot of the wiring, new ARH headers and hyd clutch setup to go with the new TKO 600.

I thought I would share a couple pics. Only thing I am still truing to decide is if I should powder coat the air cleaner lid black?? or go with a different lid?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
That looks nice!! What's the coating on you headers? I was looking at a similar color but just had Jet Hot do the classic.

Reactions: Pats70ss
#31 ·
I like the look of the K&N better .

And will the Filter Lid not let in more Cooler Air from the Cowl Induction !?

#18 ·
If you wanted to see what your cleaner lid looks like black, go get a can of black plastidip from your local auto parts store. Spray it on, if you don't like it, just peel it off. There's tons of info / videos to review if you're interested. Good luck!

Engine bay looks great!

#19 ·
If you wanted to see what your cleaner lid looks like black, go get a can of black plastidip from your local auto parts store. Spray it on, if you don't like it, just peel it off. There's tons of info / videos to review if you're interested. Good luck!

Engine bay looks great!

Thanks Jeff!

I think Keith maybe on to something in painting the grooves black, Would give it a little contrast.

I know it is "my car" but I always enjoy getting feedback and opinions from others on here.

#21 ·
Looks great Pat. I like either the K&N you switched too, or something black, or just a plain chrome one. Didn’t you have a black one that matched the valve covers? Either way great job, on a great car!

#25 ·
Lots of ways to go, paint the grooves body color or if more north colour.

#32 ·
Mine needs a little something, too! :crying:

#34 ·
I would go as close to OEM on the air cleaner as possible. You did a nice job cleaning up the engine bay. Mine looks like a circus came to town a parked in my engine bay.

#36 ·
Liking your detail alot ! Great taste all around. I am doing a similar look and hope it comes out as nice. Yes the air breather, what to do. I'm not there yet either. The K&N looks pretty non, I like it. The other idea to powder coat the alum and leave the strips polished might do it too...

#39 ·
Thanks for posting photos of your engine bay. I like having mine set up so when I open the hood I get a nice little extra buzz..

I went with a vintage look... That's a 454 by the way.

I'm trying that air cleaner heat shield, its suppose to route the hot radiator air away from the air cleaner. Probably nothing but snake oil.. I remember Smokey making something like that for his Chevelle or one of his Pontiacs..

Very cool thread thanks!!

Attachments

#40 ·
Thanks for posting photos of your engine bay. I like having mine set up so when I open the hood I get a nice little extra buzz..

I went with a vintage look... That's a 454 by the way.

I'm trying that air cleaner heat shield, its suppose to route the hot radiator air away from the air cleaner. Probably nothing but snake oil.. I remember Smokey making something like that for his Chevelle or one of his Pontiacs..

Very cool thread thanks!!

Very neat and clean engine bay Jeff. Looks very nice!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.