Wheel and Tire Database Summarized - Chevelle Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 81 (permalink) Old Apr 18th, 06, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Mark

Wheel and Tire Database Summarized

Well, I've summarized the wheel and tire database into an Excel spreadsheet, and added filters for each category.

With the filters, you can select any of the categories and limit the data shown to just what you seek. For example, you can limit the data shown to just the '70 year, then just those 70's with 15x10 rims. Really helps for some quick referencing. You can keep going further, but there's just not enough responses to need to limit it further.

Problem: I don't want to email this database every other day when someone asks for it. I've already PM'ed our friendly neighborhood moderator for some ideas on how to make this readily available.

Any ideas? It's in Excel, and converting it to something else will lose the sort functioning. I'm not so into computer stuff that I will go further than Excel with it - but I will send it to someone if they are willing to convert it to something more web-friendly.

Just looking for some ideas here at this point. Anyone with Excel willing to check it out for me and "test" it as a novice Excel user?

Mark

1970 SS396
Lewis Racing Engines (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
) 489:
634 HP @ 6000rpm
627 Lb-ft @ 4,000rpm

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gear Vendors Overdrive
Moser 12 Bolt

Radiator
Pypes Exhaust

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 81 (permalink) Old Apr 18th, 06, 11:59 PM

Re: Wheel and Tire Database Summarized

I'll check it out.. I'm a computer science college grad if it helps anything... haha

Ryan
post #3 of 81 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 06, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Mark

email sent with spreadsheet.

Thanks!

Mark

1970 SS396
Lewis Racing Engines (
) 489:
634 HP @ 6000rpm
627 Lb-ft @ 4,000rpm

Gear Vendors Overdrive
Moser 12 Bolt

Radiator
Pypes Exhaust

post #4 of 81 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 06, 2:19 PM
Tech Team

i'd be willing to give it a shot. send to [email protected]
post #5 of 81 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 06, 2:46 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Mark

Sent. Thanks!

Mark

1970 SS396
Lewis Racing Engines (
) 489:
634 HP @ 6000rpm
627 Lb-ft @ 4,000rpm

Gear Vendors Overdrive
Moser 12 Bolt

Radiator
Pypes Exhaust

post #6 of 81 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 06, 11:05 PM
Tech Team
Troy

I can take a look at it to and see if I can come up with anything. I work in the IT field and it'll probably depend on how much data is there to decide how best to make it web friendly. You can email me through my profile.

1972 Chevelle SS LS3
post #7 of 81 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 06, 11:06 PM
Super Mod
Bob

I'll have to leave a message for Al to see how we could post this on the site. It's easy to put it on the site then maybe link it in the forum.
post #8 of 81 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 06, 12:16 AM
Al
Administrator
Al McKenzie

It's no problem to host the excel file for others to download. Of course they need excel or an excel file viewer in order to use it.

Let me know if you would like to do that. It can be converted to html tables, but then the sorting ability is lost.
post #9 of 81 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 06, 1:02 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Mark

Al, that would be great. Obviously, it would have to be updated from time to time, I could do that if needed - not that hard or time-consuming.

Send me your email via PM or I can dig it up from the membership stuff. Email in my profile works but I don't log into it that often.

I've emailed the database to 2 people already, we'll see if they find it useable. Clint got this great information started, only seems fair someone puts it into a summarized format.

Mark

1970 SS396
Lewis Racing Engines (
) 489:
634 HP @ 6000rpm
627 Lb-ft @ 4,000rpm

Gear Vendors Overdrive
Moser 12 Bolt

Radiator
Pypes Exhaust

post #10 of 81 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 06, 9:08 PM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage

How bout saving the spread sheet as HTML also then everyone can view it.

post #11 of 81 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 06, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Mark

Dean,

Good idea, I'll give it a shot but the conversions from Excel don't always translate well. No one can sort it either, but I can presort by year before I save as an HTML.

In the meantime, Al put a link to the database, and a free Excel viewer here: https://www.chevelles.com/database/

Mark

1970 SS396
Lewis Racing Engines (
) 489:
634 HP @ 6000rpm
627 Lb-ft @ 4,000rpm

Gear Vendors Overdrive
Moser 12 Bolt

Radiator
Pypes Exhaust

post #12 of 81 (permalink) Old Apr 22nd, 06, 9:59 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

You could load Adobe Acobat and create .pdf's to send out the file. I use that all the time in my business. Sometimes using html, you get extra folders that make it hard to distribute.
post #13 of 81 (permalink) Old Apr 22nd, 06, 1:57 PM
Senior Tech Team
Jake

Send a message via AIM to Skeeveman

Quote:
Originally Posted by meesh
You could load Adobe Acobat and create .pdf's to send out the file. I use that all the time in my business. Sometimes using html, you get extra folders that make it hard to distribute.

That's exactly what I would do. If you need me to do it, I'd be glad to (and I'm curious to check it out too )

Would you want it to be hosted also?

540BBC
TH400 w/ 10" 3500 Hughes
12 Bolt w/ 3.55's
Best so far: [email protected] (Smokin' Mo-Kan Dragway, Hot Rod Reunion, 10-07-2012)
post #14 of 81 (permalink) Old Apr 22nd, 06, 5:27 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Mark

Adobe is great for everyone to view a static database - no sort by year, tire size, rim size, etc. Excel is ideal for that and I think it's reasonably simple to use, all you need is a mouse.

If you don't have Excel, there's a free viewer that Al listed also.

Again, the link to database and free Excel Viewer: https://www.chevelles.com/database/

Anyone wanting to convert it to Adobe can download and give it a try.

Mark

1970 SS396
Lewis Racing Engines (
) 489:
634 HP @ 6000rpm
627 Lb-ft @ 4,000rpm

Gear Vendors Overdrive
Moser 12 Bolt

Radiator
Pypes Exhaust

post #15 of 81 (permalink) Old Apr 22nd, 06, 6:48 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Just tried the spreadsheet. Looks great.

Looked at 67's and noticed righta away most everyone has larger rear tires.

Thanks for the info.

Mike

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 919 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.