russ

Re: Wheel and Tire Database Summarized

What size wheels do you have on yours
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 81 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 15, 4:17 PM
Andrew

I have a question since we are on the topic of wheels. I am looking at buying some cragar ss rims for my 70 chevelle. I want the bigger rear end look. Would it be alright going with 15x10 rear rims or would it be a better idea of going with 15x8s for the rear and 15x7s for the front and just get wider tires for the rear? Any personal opinions are welcome. Id appreciate it. Just don't want to buy them, ship them, and go to put them on and for some reason they just don't work.
post #78 of 81 (permalink) Old May 19th, 15, 1:27 PM

I have a 1968 Chevelle SS and I now have 15 x 7 wheels in front with 235 60 15 tires
My back wheels 15 x 8 with 275 60 15 tires.
I just purchased 17 x 7 with 3" b/s wheels for the front and would like to use 235 40 17 tires
and my back wheels are 17 x 8 with 4 1/2" b/s and would like to use 275 40 17 tires. I am told by a tire store that I would need to use those tires that I would need 8" in front and 9" in the back. I want to keep the same width tires that I have now because I like the look. Any help would be appreciated. What is the widest and highest tires I can use safely without exchanging this wheels for bigger ones. I can be emailed directly at [email protected] I have no idea what wheel and tire combo would be needed. I should have stayed with my 15". Thanks for any and all help.

post #79 of 81 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 17, 1:54 AM
Rick

I was about to ask what the is largest width wheel I could put on my 68 Chevelle SS was, then I found this thread with the wheel DB.
Great idea guys, this will be very helpful.
Not2Fast likes this.
post #80 of 81 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 17, 6:35 PM
Jason

Whats cool is that someone took the time to put all of that together. It would be interesting to have a tab for vendor suggestions.

As an example, most suspension vendors will say that a 18x8 with 5.5" of BS will fit a 65-65 in front. No entry in the DB for that sort of combo, unfortunately.
post #81 of 81 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 17, 11:12 PM
Tech Team

Garage

^ This thread helped me when making my choice. I just checked out the approved vendors list and didn't see anyone I would trust with that info. I'm perfectly happy with reading what real car owners are running.

'69 Malibu
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 840 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.