Team Chevelle banner

Torq Thrust D - center cap ?

8K views 38 replies 22 participants last post by  Slick87gn 
#1 ·
I made up my mind and decided i want a new look for the Chevelle ; So i decided to sell the Cragars to a friend and get a set of Torq Thrust D s staggered 15x7 and 15x8 ... can not decide on a center cap or leave without for a racing look ...anybody have any pics ? I saw that some Yenko s had the Torq Thrusts D ...did they come with the center cap ?

Center caps ..

Let me know your opinions ...

Here a pic with the Cragars ...looking forward for the new look !

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

See less See more
Reactions: blue_69_malibu
#3 ·
Great looking '69 Oliver! Those look like the original round spoke cragars?? I'd keep those and grab another set of your TTs. It's so nice to go back and forth, things tend to get old after years of seeing it don't they? The Yenkos never received TTs, they were outfitted with Atlas wheels, a TT type wheel. If you want the true TTs, the new stuff is close but has few changes. I'm not entirely sure the screw/fastener layout is the same on the old style center caps vs the new shallower version. If they are, I'd opt for the old version. Those two style wheels look fantastic on a '69, along with the Keystone Klassics or KustomMag if you can find a set, look very sweet on a '68 and later Chevelle.
Fun stuff, buyng and fitting new shoes isn't it?

#7 ·
Thank you , nice suggestions ! Unfortunately we already made the deal about the Cragars , I really like them but wanted to have a new look :thumbsup:

#4 ·
Oliver I like the first pic one Blue/Red/White CAPs

What colour are the Wheels Centers ?

#6 ·
Hi Greg :) I think they are black

Reactions: Kirk's67SS
#8 ·
The Black should look good against your Orange Chevelle and maybe also Grey

Reactions: oliver69
#13 ·
Oliver, I used black/red SS stick on emblems on mine to match the car.

I'm not sure these are the correct size but: https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-CHEVRO...125725?hash=item53f6932bdd:g:CRsAAMXQCtlRO383

So yes to center caps. Here's the funny part, those small center caps have very little surface area, but when I put the black/red SS stickers in place of the originals, the car took on a different look. Now, I'm not a design person, but how can two small circles in the center of the wheels make a difference when looking at the car from the side, with all that surface area? ? It does.

#17 ·
I got the center caps , I ll post a pic when the wheels will be mounted :) thanks for all the nice suggestions !

#20 ·
Where did you get those? I've been pondering something custom for mine..........

#23 ·
Finally the Torq T showed up and i tire shop is open / managed to swap the tires !

BUT ...i m really disapointed with how they look on my Chevelle ;( i prefer the Cragars ! Something not quite right i can not point it out ...they look strange ..maybe the color grey dont match with orange ;

I m selling them :(

#27 ·
Reactions: oliver69
#28 ·
it could be where you took that picture with the Torque t's.That backround with the tiger wall takes your eye away.Also it looks like the sun was behind the car and your wheels are in shadows.You could try taking the picture with the sun on the side of your Chevelle.
Because you know what they say,the sun never sets on Chevelle's :D

#29 ·
Ultimately, YOU have to be happy because it's your car and everyone's taste is not the same. Personally, I think it looks good with the TT's. I've seen some of the folks on the various forums mention how there are some stores that will let you do a test viewing/fitting on the car. Is there any place like that in Italy?

#31 ·
So I ll keep them on for a few weeks but I think I will sell the TT s , I still prefer how the car looked with the Cragars ... :) thanks for all the comments

Reactions: Steve R
#33 ·
I think the TT look better on a dark paint job with black tires

#36 ·
Cragar s are back on the car , finally ! i like them much better on this car than the TTs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.