LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 19, 9:04 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Joe

Garage
Jegs rims....any good.?

I was looking at rims on Jegs and came across these 15x10s
https://www.jegs.com/i/American-Raci...15161/10002/-1

Does anyone have any experience with them ?
Do they hold up to a little torque?

Thanks, Joe

"... the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their view to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their view." Dr. Who, 1977
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 19, 9:28 PM
Clint

Re: Jegs rims....any good.?

4" backspace? Don't think those would work very well.
Steve R likes this.

Clint Hooper

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sold
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 19, 10:04 PM
Senior Tech Team

All of the rims that retail in this price range will be fast in China one piece budget oriented wheels. If you like the look, see if you can find some used Centerline Autodrag rims. They can often be found at swapmeets and Craigslist for reasonable prices. If you like the look of a Centerline, you might as well get the real thing. They came in several offsets and shouldnt be terrible hard to find.

Steve R

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 19, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Joe

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
All of the rims that retail in this price range will be fast in China one piece budget oriented wheels. If you like the look, see if you can find some used Centerline Autodrag rims. They can often be found at swapmeets and Craigslist for reasonable prices. If you like the look of a Centerline, you might as well get the real thing. They came in several offsets and shouldnt be terrible hard to find.

Steve R
Thanks. That's what I was wondering. I
The link wasn't so much for that exact rim/Backspace just if they were any good. The Chinese made is all I needed to hear. I'll look for the real ones on 5.5 backspace

Thanks Joe
Steve R likes this.

"... the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their view to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their view." Dr. Who, 1977
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 19, 11:32 AM
Senior Tech Team
Greg.

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW68SSBBC View Post
Thanks. That's what I was wondering. I
The link wasn't so much for that exact rim/Backspace just if they were any good. The Chinese made is all I needed to hear. I'll look for the real ones on 5.5 backspace Thanks Joe
I tried to get the old style Center Lines for Rear Tires for the Treck but could not get any in the right BackSpace

Sept 2007 bought a pair of the Weld Draglites 90 Series for my Track Tires M/T ETs Streets
worst Wheel I ever bought as they were very heavy and the 2 piece Center thing was crapy sounding

Aug 2011 I bought 2 Rear Summit Fast 5 15x8 1 piece Alum Wheels
which are like the & Jegs Sport Stars, for the Rear Track Tires M&H Bias-Plys

Sept 2017 bought 2 JEGs Sport Stars 15x7 for the Front of my Car because I needed them with a better/more BackSpace
great Wheel / Thick Center / Finish is super ....

https://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS/JEGS-Spo...31935/10002/-1
Prices are from $ 93.us to $ 105.us depending on what Width and BS you want

May 2018 bought 2 JEGS Sport Stars 15x10 for the new Track Tires M/T ET St S/S 295/55/15Rs
and was able to run a new faster ET for the 1/4 Mile

You can see them in my Garage in the First Album at the Bottom under Tires/Wheels section

Today I have a set of the JEGs Sport Stars sitting in my Computer Room
to take out to the Garage to have them Mounted
to the new set of M/T ET St S/S 295/55/15R Tires to run on the street

So I have been running on these Chinese Made Wheels for over 7 years
and never any problems at the Track or on the Street
Most of the New Cars today have Wheels on them Made in China by the way
SSJohn and 68SuperSport* like this.

67 Chevelle Malibu SS Cdn
Born 283 / PG / A51
468/TH400 2,500 stall/ S60 3.70 Gs
Prev Best on M/T ET S/S #3454 street Tires/Dress 2018/05/20
60' = 1.664
1/8 = 7.532 et / 91 mph
1/4 = 11.814 et / 115 mph
NEW Best with 3,500+ Stall TC 2019/06/23
60' = 1.561
1/8 = 7.411 et / 90.18 mph
1/4 = ??.??? et / ??? mph

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 19, 8:33 PM
Tech Team
John

I have experience with them. Have 2 pairs in 15x10, one set with 275/60r15 bfgs, the other set has M/T et street ss radial 295/55-15s. Have another pair for the fronts, 15x8s with bfgs.
Bought everything from summit, and had them mount the tires.
I always liked the centerline wheels, but they didnt have the b/s I needed to work with my narrowed Moser. These wheels fit the bill. No problems with them, Im 600hp/600lb/ft at the crank. I dont baby the car, every time I take it out I beat on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AC2E770C-5C78-4630-B4C4-59C004E1FC37.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	592516   Click image for larger version

Name:	F679DD73-751A-4337-9865-639E51347876.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	592518  
68SuperSport* likes this.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 19, 12:37 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Joe

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk's67SS View Post
I tried to get the old style Center Lines for Rear Tires for the Treck but could not get any in the right BackSpace

Sept 2007 bought a pair of the Weld Draglites 90 Series for my Track Tires M/T ETs Streets
worst Wheel I ever bought as they were very heavy and the 2 piece Center thing was crapy sounding

Aug 2011 I bought 2 Rear Summit Fast 5 15x8 1 piece Alum Wheels
which are like the & Jegs Sport Stars, for the Rear Track Tires M&H Bias-Plys

Sept 2017 bought 2 JEGs Sport Stars 15x7 for the Front of my Car because I needed them with a better/more BackSpace
great Wheel / Thick Center / Finish is super ....

https://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS/JEGS-Spo...31935/10002/-1
Prices are from $ 93.us to $ 105.us depending on what Width and BS you want

May 2018 bought 2 JEGS Sport Stars 15x10 for the new Track Tires M/T ET St S/S 295/55/15Rs
and was able to run a new faster ET for the 1/4 Mile

You can see them in my Garage in the First Album at the Bottom under Tires/Wheels section

Today I have a set of the JEGs Sport Stars sitting in my Computer Room
to take out to the Garage to have them Mounted
to the new set of M/T ET St S/S 295/55/15R Tires to run on the street

So I have been running on these Chinese Made Wheels for over 7 years
and never any problems at the Track or on the Street
Most of the New Cars today have Wheels on them Made in China by the way
Thanks for sharing your experience. I glad to hear they are holding up
Thanks Joe

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 19, 12:40 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Joe

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJohn View Post
I have experience with them. Have 2 pairs in 15x10, one set with 275/60r15 bfgs, the other set has M/T et street ss radial 295/55-15s. Have another pair for the fronts, 15x8s with bfgs.
Bought everything from summit, and had them mount the tires.
I always liked the centerline wheels, but they didnt have the b/s I needed to work with my narrowed Moser. These wheels fit the bill. No problems with them, Im 600hp/600lb/ft at the crank. I dont baby the car, every time I take it out I beat on it.
Your car looks great. I like the stance.....it's also Black!
SSJohn likes this.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 19, 7:47 AM
Senior Tech Team
Eric

Good luck in finding inexpensive wheels made in the USA. On a side note, American Racing is probably one of the best wheels out there as far as quality. Have bought many sets and never had an issue with any of them. I don't buy wheels mail order, I go through my local discount tire. They will meet or beat most everyones advertised price.

Your just jealous because you can't hear the voices!

1967 Olds Cutlass 468 BBC/T400
1963 Plymouth Fury 440/Torqueflite
2007 Ford Mustang GT (momma's car)
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 19, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Joe

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcutlass View Post
Good luck in finding inexpensive wheels made in the USA. On a side note, American Racing is probably one of the best wheels out there as far as quality. Have bought many sets and never had an issue with any of them. I don't buy wheels mail order, I go through my local discount tire. They will meet or beat most everyones advertised price.
I'm sure your right about finding anything decent US made....inexpensive I was originally thinking of the Weld drag lites but after reading about 2 piece center, I will looking elsewhere. I wish I had the opportunity to buy through a local tire shop but closest place for me is an hour and a half. The good thing is that I'm in no hurry as there is nothing wrong with my 15" rally wheels

I just like the look of the "Centerline " style rims

Thanks for all the replies and information
Joe

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in