Every car is different from Dr side to Passsenger side
and taking measurements of your car's Fenderwells etc
is the key to what Wheel / Tire Combo size will fit without rubbing or hitting anything ;
BACK SPACING & WHEEL WELL / Shock Mount Room https://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html
First measure with the current sized Wheels/Tires = 15x7 3.75" backspacing and 215/70/15
1.Wheel’s Rim room inside curved lip of Wheel Rim to bottom part of Lower Shock Nut = Dr 1.78" Pass 1.78"
.... This is because as you increase the BackSpace on a Wheel and or increase the Width of the Wheel
.... it may interfere with the Lower Shock Mount/Bolt
2.SPACE from Front of Rear Fender Well to front of current tire when mounted to rear end Dr 2.5" Pass 2.5"
.... this is for to measure the MAX height/diameter a tire can be
.... and it is Important that you allow Bias tires a growth margin .
Second with the Wheels/Tires removed from Both DR & Pass sides, one side at a time or all same time measure the following;
1. Rear End Width – Face of Brake Drum/Disc Driverside to Face of Drum/Disc Passengerside = 60"
2.OUT SPACE from inside Lip of outside Fender to Face of Rear Drum/Disc Brake Hub/Wheel Mounting Pad
.... DR Side = 6.25"
.... PASS Side = 6.25"
3.IN SPACE from Face of Rear Drum Brake Hub/Wheel Mounting Pad to Frame/Inner Fender
.... DR Side = 6.78“
.... PASS Side = 6.18”
4.Total Wheel Well Space = # 2 + # 3 measurements #s
.... DR Side = 13.03“
.... PASS Side = 12.43”
.... if one side is less then use it as the applicable number or make sure the Rearend is centered properly Rear seems correctly centered. Iknow previous owner did some rear body patching, so I assume they mismatched measurements from side to side.
Important things to NOTE;
1. the Rear Lower Shock Mount Bolt may interfere with the Wheel’s Rim Measurements above to ensure it doesn't
2. and yes your car's exhaust may interfer with the Tire on a 10" Wide Wheel Dumps under car
3. Type of Brake system on rearend, Drum or Disc ! as the Disc setup is usually wider than a Drum setup Rear drums--stock setup
4. Is Rearend centred ? yes
5. Has the car been Lowered ? Yes, 2 in UMI springs all around
6. Side Wall/Section Width of the Tire = ? Current tire Side wall= 5.9" Section Width= 8.5"
7. Diameter Height of Tire = ? Current tire= 26.9"
8. Size of Wheel you wish run ? 18x 9.5 with 5.25" backspacing. Would like to fit a 275 tire, but minimum 255 I'll be happy.
Measure twice and you will only need to buy once the Wheels/Tires
you need to fit within your car’s Fenderwells .
Supply the above info and then I can calculate for you !