'17 Silverado Hiccup - Chevelle Tech
Misc (NON CHEVELLE AUTOMOTIVE TECH) This section is for the Non-Chevelle Related automotive questions/answers or discussion.

2Likes
  • 1 Post By Postsedan
  • 1 Post By marcrose

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 19, 5:51 AM Thread Starter
von
Lifetime Founding Member
Von

'17 Silverado Hiccup

I was towing my Chevelle on open trailer (about 5500 lb) to Cleveland with my '17 Silverado 5.3 (double cab 2wd 3.42 axle) with cruise control set at 65 mph. About 30 mi from there the cruise control stops working and the check engine light starts flashing. I turn the CC off and the CE light goes off. I tried the CC for the remaining 30 miles or so and it will turn on but not set or function. CE light stayed off. 3 days later on the return trip home the CC functions normally and no CC light. I called the dealer and the svc advisor doesn't know what's wrong and says if it happens again to bring it in for diagnostic test but otherwise don't worry about it. Since the dealer is 70 mi away I'll not take it there unless it happens again. Anyone know what caused it?

von '69 Malibu Team Chevelle Member #15
[img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 19, 9:22 AM
Senior Tech Team
Dan Vasic

Re: '17 Silverado Hiccup

Von,

It was most likely Code 69......your onboard computer started sensing the emergence of a 100 - 1969 Chevelles approaching.
Great seeing you Von

If this CC issue happened once.... you can be sure it will happen again. But it may not happen again.... until your next long road trip.

Dan
von likes this.

Owner of..... The 1969 SS396 300 Deluxe Post Sedan Registry
1969 300 Deluxe Post Sedan Frost Green
1969 SS396 300 Deluxe Post Sedan Lemans Blue (Sold to "69 Post Sedan")
1972 SS 502 T400 410 posi Mohave Gold
1970 Buick Skylark Post Sedan Gulfstream Blue
1970 Buick Skylark Post Sedan Burnished Saddle

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 19, 9:40 AM
Tech Team
Bill

Garage

I'm no expert but doesn't the check engine code stay viewable with a scanner until cleared? Maybe take it to your local auto parts store and have them scan for codes.

1969 Sport Coupe SS Tribute Cortez Silver 454 400TH

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 19, 9:47 AM
Tech Team
autumngold

Flashing check engine light is a cylinder misfire,Bad injector or coil for a cylinder.Direct injection might have picked up some dirt for a second also.Weve replaced lots of injectors and coils for p0300 and cold start rough idle codes.You need a dtc check,some maf dirt will do same thing but a code will be set,or just look at history misfires they will stay there for weeks.
71350SS likes this.

1970 ls-5 numbers matching
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 19, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
von
Lifetime Founding Member
Von

Truck only has 10,000 miles on it. Maybe won't happen again unless I get near a large number of '69 Chevelles.

von '69 Malibu Team Chevelle Member #15
[img]

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 19, 2:28 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Bob

OK, Someone explain this, Kinda like Vons issue. 010-Silverado 1/2 ton 4WD-Engine 6.2--6 speed. 59.000 miles. Driving down the road and the DASH goes dead! All needles go to ZERO. Not some " ALL ". NO-- T. signals NO NUTTEN!
So I continue down the road to K. Ross Chevrolet, Pull to the write up area, Engine still running ,Tell the service writer take a look. He says thats an easy fix. He shuts it down, Screws around with the door lock fob, The truck beeps once or twice. All is " OK ".............. It has never done this again.
So what the H3LL was it ??????????????
Bob

1970 SS LS-5/M-22 El Camino- Org. Owner-AACA 2016-Senior Grand National Winner---MCACN-GOLD-2013
1970 ( FRAUD) SS 468 Station Wagon - Driver.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 19, 3:38 PM
Senior Tech Team

Von, on a modern vehicle, there is no actual "cruise control" system. The cruise control buttons simply tell the PCM to hold the throttle open in relation to the vehicle speed, both which are already reported to the PCM.

Any slight problem in the PCM, such as a low o2 temp sensor, will cancel the cruise control feature.

You may have some other problem developing.

Roll up to an Autozone and let them scan your codes. Don't let them erase them. Write down all the codes they find. Search for them on the internet and to see what it is.

But do it soon, non-recurring codes are dropped from the PCM's history after a few re-starts.

LS1tech.com supermoderator.
How may I help you?
1971 Monte Carlo SS454-496ci 600hp
1999 Trans Am-500hp
2003 Iszu Ascender XL Limited V8
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 12th, 19, 11:59 AM
Super Mod
Mr Bill

Von,
Is is still under warranty ? If so I would take it to the dealer and have them scan it for codes if nothing else. That way there will be a record of the issue before the warranty is up in case you have a problem down the road. Is there another dealer closer to you ? Doesn't have to go back to the selling dealer.

Bill Koustenis
Advanced Automotive Machine
Waldorf Md

1971 Heavy Chevy - original owner
1984 Buick Riviera - original owner (Wife's car)
Team Chevelle #100
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in