Separate FWD engine/trans - Chevelle Tech
Misc (NON CHEVELLE AUTOMOTIVE TECH) This section is for the Non-Chevelle Related automotive questions/answers or discussion.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By 68malibeast

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 19, 12:22 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Separate FWD engine/trans

I hate hate hate working on front wheel drive stuff but I don’t have a choice on this one. I need to pull the trans out of my 06 Impala. I have everything and I mean everything unbolted and ready to go. The engine is supported up top. The cradle is out. Bell housing and converter bolts out. All external blah blah blah removed.
I’ve put a traditional trans jack underneath the pan and put a little pressure on it and pried and pried and can get about 1/16” gap to open, but it won’t break loose. I watched some guy in a YouTube video do it on a lift and la-tee-da he had zero issues and separated them so fast I couldn’t even tell how he did it.
What am I missing? The damn thing is 2ft in the air underneath and I really don’t want it to Wicked Witch me...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 19, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Figured it out. Sometimes you have to walk away and try again later. I’m always reluctant to admit that
LeoP likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in