Team Chevelle banner

Power steering brackets

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Adam Loose 
#1 ·
So I was at super chevy show yesterday looking for power steering brackets for my 69. I go to the Ausleys tent and ask for them, they have them but the guy there said he likes(and uses) the stock 70-72 power steering brackets on his 69( LWP & BBC).He said they are stronger, looks better and they were cheaper, said they work no problem. So I bought them, hopefully the set up will work.
So can any 70-72 owners with BBC that uses the 2 piece setup post detailed pics of how they mount up, not to sure on that.

#3 ·
Thanks L72, but I did not get that small straight bracket behind the pump that looks like it is going to the head? No, it did not come with the hardware. I asked but they said no.

#4 ·
Are you talking about the little tab to the block in pic 2? That should've been on the saddle. Takes two 7/16-14x1" to hold the big bracket to the block, along with a 3/8-16x3/4" bolt into the block at that rear tab, then the upper bracket gets a 1/2-13x3/4" to the water pump. All bolts get a lock washer.

#9 ·
That bracket will work, the pump just sits in it. I don't know if they make the repop brackets with the brace on the back. Now this is assuming you have the proper P.S. pump for a 69. Can you post a pic of your pump? Did you get the hardware that Dave mentioned in post #4?

#14 ·
Here's what Ausley's had to say about the bracket they sold me.

The bracket you have is like the originals installed from 70-75 or so. After that GM added the extra bracket for trucks and that bracket was purchased over the counter up until it was discontinued later. When this part was reproduced an original one was sent off to duplicate. IF you are looking for one with the additional bracket welded onto it, it will be a 1975 and up bracket. That one will work fine

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.