Lee Manufacturing Closed ??? - Chevelle Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions & more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 15, 11:35 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Kent & Kam

Garage
Lee Manufacturing Closed ???

Anyone hear that Lee`s is shut down...Friend of mine called out there to order fittings and rag joint and she told him their not taking any new orders...I bought a set 2 weeks ago and I got mine...he called Monday and was told that...

1971 Chevelle Father/Son Build
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Our Link
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Team Chevelle #5544 North Texas Camaro Club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 15, 2:52 AM
Senior Tech Team
Derrick

Re: Lee Manufacturing Closed ???

maybe people got wise to using later model PS hoses and the Dorman rag joint and stopped calling them for parts...

"Detroit hasn't felt any real pride since George Bush went to Japan and vomited on their auto executives, I tell you whut"

-Hank Hill
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 15, 12:33 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tony

Garage

I recall someone mentioning something a few months ago, about Lee closing...

Once you go RAT, you never go back...
TC #1366

Sold

Sold

&

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 15, 12:47 PM
Senior Tech Team

For people wanting those Lee press-in flare seat adapters, I've found the CPP adapter fittings to be a good alternative. Not as "invisible", but they work well.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 15, 1:44 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Speedway has them also

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/O-Ring...ter,24682.html

Jeff Evans
65 Chevelle, LS3/T56 transplant in progress
67 Chevelle, ZZ502, AFR 305, Straub Solid Roller, 400 Turbo, Moser Rear 3.42 gear
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 15, 7:16 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Bill

We just got our order from them a couple of weeks ago............
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 17th, 15, 2:31 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff65SS View Post
nice tip thanks!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Aug 10th, 15, 5:02 PM
Tech Team
Scott

I had my steering box for the Chevelle rebuilt by them. I wanted to have them do my Impala. I had it all packed and ready to go but tried to phone both their numbers before shipping. Lucky I didn't just send it.

Does anybody know what happened? I can tell you I had a lot of disappointments from parts when doing the Chevelle but the Lee part was top notch nice very nice work and zero issues.

I did research a lot of alternatives and after speaking to a few places it seems you can get a known ratio but getting the effort you want without somebody like Lee putting exactly what you want into it is guess work buying off the shelf.

Bottom line I miss Lee...
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Aug 10th, 15, 6:07 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Dang. I was waiting to ship my original box to Lee. I got an AGR and don't like it. It's too stiff and started leaking after just a few miles.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 15, 8:39 AM

We currently use Turn-One. They are similar to Lee in the customization and are going strong.

ramey

UMI Technical Support

814-376-6000

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 1st, 15, 2:15 PM
Senior Tech Team

My "not the least big cheap" Lees box was great for about 50 mi before it got sloppy.
Eventually going to a member here to be gone through, all I got from Lee was "$400 and if you cant wait at least 2 mos dont call back". Thought spending good money in the first place could have avoided these problems guess not

Wouldnt give him one thin dime this thing is brand friggin new.

Quote:
This post is a duplicate of a post that you have posted in the last five minutes.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 1509 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.