Is PST font end kit worth it - Chevelle Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions & more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 13, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Jimmy

Is PST font end kit worth it

i want to tighten up my front end a little i know i have bad ball joints but i,m looking at complete kits is the poly kits like PST worth the extra money i found one poly kit on e bay a little cheaper but still close to 400.00 a regular complete rubber bushing is like 250.00 so Are they worth it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 13, 2:37 PM
Senior Tech Team
Stu

Re: Is PST font end kit worth it

What about getting moog stuff from rockauto? I think it was $300ish give or take when I did it.
Heres some pst info https://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276113

L92 / 200-4r -> T56 71
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 13, 3:28 PM
Senior Tech Team
KeithD

The kit has the benefit of getting everything in one box, all ready to go, no more worrying needed. Just start typing into it.

The piece part approach however, will let you choose the individual components. For instance, if you know later that you will put in New upper control arms, you can get the cheaper versions of the upper control arm bushings for now, and Dave a couple bucks towards your new uppers, or of you have an oddball (Trans Am) sway bar already in, you can skip the end links and bushings if you already did those.

"You laugh because I am different. I laugh because you are all the same."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 13, 4:16 PM
Senior Tech Team
Derrick

maybe they've changed in the last 7 years or so, but i know 2 people that ordered those kits- one for a 69 Camaro, one for a 71 Camaro- and all the parts were cheap imported junk with metric fasteners that just flat out didn't fit. the lower balljoints in both kits were machined wrong so that you needed a washer to get the nuts to tighten, and the upper balljoints needed the holes for the mounting bolts in the control arm drilled out for the slightly bigger metric fasteners.
the bushings fit, tho...

i'd just go with Moog stuff purchased locally.

"Detroit hasn't felt any real pride since George Bush went to Japan and vomited on their auto executives, I tell you whut"

-Hank Hill
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 13, 5:19 PM
Senior Tech Team
Fat Stig

I used one in 98 when I did the convertible. I guess things have changed since then.

Of course that was back when I had to piece my front disc brakes together myself. You know, back in the stone age

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpete, Dean, Derek69SS, hoffbug, rubadub, Grandsport, Thomas Jefferson, 1badss396, MEJ1990TM, and mrdjc99
As usual, Andy is right
If it doesn't fit, force it. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyway.

I have to keep reminding myself this isn't a Z16 convertible, Evening Orchid Camaro, or factory 1966 SS427 and get on with it.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 13, 5:58 PM
Senior Tech Team
KeithD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy69 View Post
I used one in 98 when I did the convertible. I guess things have changed since then.

Of course that was back when I had to piece my front disc brakes together myself. You know, back in the stone age
Naw, in the stone age you could get the whole set off a car at the junkyard, and sometimes you even had a choice of which car to get them from. Sometimes there were three or even four Chevelles in there.

"You laugh because I am different. I laugh because you are all the same."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 2246 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.