Delrin bushings - Chevelle Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions & more.

2Likes
  • 1 Post By Rich66
  • 1 Post By 68-13427

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 20, 9:59 PM Thread Starter
Rich

Delrin bushings

Hi, ordered some spc upper control arms from Mark Savitske, got them last year, had to wait 4 months to get them, seems they had some issues at the plant....I ordered them with the Delrin bushings, what I got was the High Durmeter rubber bushings.

Contacted Mark, said he would exchange them, thought I would do this switch this summer, well do to the "virus" issues, seems like I have to wait another god knows how long for this to happen.

Mark says not that big of a deal for pretty much a street fun car.....and if I do want to exchange them, im on a long waiting list for stuff.....

Getting tired of the old run around, just wondering if anyone is running the high durmeter rubber and happy with it, would like to get the car rolling soon.

I see doing some search here, seems like your either in the umi camp or the spc camp......I wonder if there really isn't much difference between the two.

Looking for any ideas on how you would handle this

Thanks

Rich
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 20, 10:16 PM
Tech Team
Troy

Re: Delrin bushings

The uppers aren't that difficult to remove and change the bushings later if you decide to do so. And if you did you would have firsthand experience of the difference.

But I doubt you will ever second guess the rubber bushings.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

66 CHEVELLE
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 20, 11:36 PM
Boldly procrastrinating
Tom Terrific II

Garage

know anybody with a lathe? you could cut your own Delrin bushings. I think you have to keep the inner steel sleeve to keep from crushing the Delrin.

Tom Terrific or Terrible Tom, depending on the phase of the moon, passing cosmic rays or other factors not fully understood except by my wife.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 20, 9:59 AM
Senior Tech Team
Jeff

I'm running the rubber bushings with no problems at all. Torqued everything to spec and am rolling. You'd be better off reaching out to SPC directly instead of waiting on Mark. He's a great guy but I'd never do business with him.

*Jeff*

Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
LQ4 / T56 Swap
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 20, 9:45 PM Thread Starter
Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
I'm running the rubber bushings with no problems at all. Torqued everything to spec and am rolling. You'd be better off reaching out to SPC directly instead of waiting on Mark. He's a great guy but I'd never do business with him.
I hear ya on that one Hotwire.....im having 2nd thoughts on this whole adjust spc arms, wondering if I should just throw on some umi uppers & lowers and call it a day.

Other choice I have is use the spc uppers with the howe ball joints and use my stock lower arms with the howe joints I got from mark.

Thanks for the help guys

Rich
hydro462 likes this.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 20, 3:14 AM
Boldly procrastrinating
Tom Terrific II

Garage

>>>>> wondering if I should just throw on some umi uppers & lowers and call it a day.>>>>

Sounds good to me. many here have reported excellent results with UMI stuff

Tom Terrific or Terrible Tom, depending on the phase of the moon, passing cosmic rays or other factors not fully understood except by my wife.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 20, 3:38 AM
Senior Tech Team
Chris

Do yourself a favor and call SPC directly (if they aren't shut down due to covid) and tell them the situation. That will get Mark to move on it quicker.

1971 Chevelle SS454, T56 Magnum 6 speed, 3.31 Posi

Youtube Channel.

Instagram:

Twitter:
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 20, 9:13 AM
Super Mod
Rich

Garage

Honestly, unless you are going to autocross or track the car, the high durometer rubber will be fine. In fact, if it were me, I'd go with the rubber anyway for this particular location in the suspension.

NCOA member #220
ACES member #1670
Team Chevelle #998

Rich Cummings
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 20, 7:59 PM Thread Starter
Rich

Thanks again guys, after reading my initial post, im sure I caused some confusion, should have said upper A arms, not upper control arms, sorry for the confusion.

Rich
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 20, 10:39 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich66 View Post
Thanks again guys, after reading my initial post, im sure I caused some confusion, should have said upper A arms, not upper control arms, sorry for the confusion.

Rich
Same thing. Terry
hydro462 likes this.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 20, 11:25 PM
Senior Tech Team

About three years ago I ordered SPC uppers with Delrin bushings.

They sent arms with rubber bushings installed AND the delrin bushings loose. It took a minute to install them.

If you get the Delrin bushings, the cross shaft nuts just get turned in to snug. Any tighter and the arms will not move. This is by design. The nuts are lock nuts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Arm bolts.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	622586  

LS1tech.com supermoderator.
How may I help you?
1971 Monte Carlo SS454-496ci 600hp
1999 Trans Am-500hp
2003 Iszu Ascender XL Limited V8
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 20, 8:47 AM
Senior Tech Team
Jeff

I understood you meant a-arms, that's what I was responding to.

Here's the rubber bushings and adjustable a-arms at work: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TEL...w?usp=drivesdk

*Jeff*

Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
LQ4 / T56 Swap

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in