Wilwood Proportioning Valve Install Help - Chevelle Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions & more.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By NorCal-SS

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old May 26th, 19, 9:09 PM Thread Starter

Wilwood Proportioning Valve Install Help

Iíd like to know what others have done in this situation. Iíve installed a Hydratech booster and Wilwood master cylinder in my í65 El Camino. The issue is that the Wilwood proportioning valve and hard lines will not fit between the master cylinder and the driverís side inner fender. The solution seems to be to ďreshapeĒ the inner fender so it clears, i.e. beat it inÖnot very cool looking. (The blue tape in the photo shows where the fender work needs to happen.) Also, switching the proportioning valve to the passengerís side of the master cylinder wonít work either. It hits the coils covers on the LS3.

Baer makes a good looking master cylinder with the proportioning valve mounted UNDER it. That would work great. But Iím trying to avoid paying for another master cylinder and valve.

Has anyone else run into this and what the heck did you do. Your input is greatly appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6313 Edit for Chevelle Forum.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	594442  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old May 26th, 19, 9:54 PM
Super Mod
Rich

Garage
Re: Wilwood Proportioning Valve Install Help

Here's mine on my 65 wagon. But then, I don't have a hydroboost. You'll just have to get creative with the lines if you don't want to cut the inner fender. You could also put the valve in the line farther down the line, perhaps under the car. It's not like you'll be adjusting it every other day once you get it set where you want it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wilwoodmaster.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	233.1 KB
ID:	594444  

NCOA member #220
ACES member #1670
Team Chevelle #998

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rich Cummings
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old May 26th, 19, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

Good point about adjusting it only once. Creative plumbing may be the best answer!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 6th, 19, 3:36 PM
Tech Team
J

Make a new bracket to position the prop valve closer to the master cylinder. You will then need to make new hard lines to connect the 2 pieces. You will likely need to include loops in the hard lines as the prop valve and mc will be close to each other. Iíve had to do this with other builds. I have a hydraulic shop near by that can do this no problem. Might be a better option if youíd rather not DIY.
rmc65elco likes this.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 6th, 19, 3:40 PM
Gold Founding Member
"Wild Bill"

Send a message via AIM to BillsCamino

I installed an adjustable prop valve in the rear feed brakeline mid frame.

1967 Camaro SS-Gen I
2017 Camaro RS-Gen VI
2019 Cadillac XT5 AWD
1990 Ford F150 XLT Lariat

My Super Heros don't wear a cape...they wear Dog Tags!!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 6th, 19, 4:54 PM Thread Starter

NorCal-SS: Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have a look and talk to my local shop. I'd rather spend my money making this work, than buying another one!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in