Rear Sway bar for Quick Performance Ford 9" - Page 2 - Chevelle Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions & more.

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 18, 8:59 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Joe

Garage
Re: Rear Sway bar for Quick Performance Ford 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytmouz View Post
You will have to drill the back brace, then it will work, probably. I haven't tried both UMI styles. I have the UMI style with the adjustable end links...

That looks nice, do you have a part #?

Here is an up to date picture of that area of my car. It's making progress!

Thanks Joe
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rear end.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	537337  

"... the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their view to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their view." Dr. Who, 1977
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 18, 9:03 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
terry

4047-300
UMI Performance likes this.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 18, 8:50 AM
Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW68SSBBC View Post
I see where they offer their bar for different axle tube diameters, but what about a back brace on a 9" ?
For back bracing you would need to do some fabrication work. Taking the sway bar mounts and grind them down and weld them to the rear end, it is really the only way. When ordering a rear end I'm sure the rear end company could located and weld them on for you too.

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 18, 6:53 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Joe

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMI Performance View Post
For back bracing you would need to do some fabrication work. Taking the sway bar mounts and grind them down and weld them to the rear end, it is really the only way. When ordering a rear end I'm sure the rear end company could located and weld them on for you too.
I'm a pretty fair welder/fabricator so I figured it's do-able.

How does your unit hold up for street, or is it a strictly strip piece? The anti-roll that is.
Thanks Joe

"... the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their view to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their view." Dr. Who, 1977
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 18, 7:06 PM
Tech Team
Chris

I JUST installed a UMI sway bar on my Quick performance 9 housing last week. I used UMI's tubular Rotojoint / Poly LCAs as well. I had to remove part of the jacking ring I ordered on the lower portion of the center section but it did clear the drain plug they installed as well. Cant't wait to see how it handles now, did not have a rear bar before, just need to wrap up a few other upgrades.

71 Chevelle
LM7 5.3l genIII 295hp / Th-350 / Quick Performance 9 inch housing, Ford 3.55:1 Traction - Lok, Moser Axles, Gm Disc / Drum brakes.

LS & 9 inch Swap complete!!!

255/45/17 front, 275/40/17 rear, SPC Springs, Stock front suspension geometry + Koni Ds and UMI rear arms. Planning SC&C Stage II+ front
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 18, 9:16 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Joe

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
I JUST installed a UMI sway bar on my Quick performance 9 housing last week. I used UMI's tubular Rotojoint / Poly LCAs as well. I had to remove part of the jacking ring I ordered on the lower portion of the center section but it did clear the drain plug they installed as well. Cant't wait to see how it handles now, did not have a rear bar before, just need to wrap up a few other upgrades.
Please keep us updated on how it works!
Thanks Joe

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 18, 8:47 AM
Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW68SSBBC View Post
I'm a pretty fair welder/fabricator so I figured it's do-able.

How does your unit hold up for street, or is it a strictly strip piece? The anti-roll that is.
Thanks Joe
Hey Joe, We offer two sizes, the 1-3/8" and 1" and both our tubular to keep some weight down. Our 1-3/8" drag version is 12lbs lighter than the similar competitor unit. Both units feature three adjustments to fit all applications.

The 1-3/8" bar is stiff. Normal cruising around it is okay and works well, I recommend to run it least stiff. However keep it mind this size bar does add a lot of oversteer and allows the back end to want to come around a lot.

Our 1" bar is a great universal bar. You can run it full stiff at the drag strip and the opposite for handling. A big powered drag car would eventually need the 1-3/8" bar but mid power and fun drags with street use this bar is perfect for that.

I hope that helps,
Ryan
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 18, 11:04 AM
Tech Team
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

I forgot one point here that I feel I should mention, I did order my housing with the adjustable Lower control arm mounts - it appears that the Sway bar eliminates the ability to use the top most hole. Not a huge issue as I think that mount is stock height, but be aware. I can take a pic if needed.

71 Chevelle
LM7 5.3l genIII 295hp / Th-350 / Quick Performance 9 inch housing, Ford 3.55:1 Traction - Lok, Moser Axles, Gm Disc / Drum brakes.

LS & 9 inch Swap complete!!!

255/45/17 front, 275/40/17 rear, SPC Springs, Stock front suspension geometry + Koni Ds and UMI rear arms. Planning SC&C Stage II+ front
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 426 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.