Team Chevelle banner

Another 'AVO' code Kansas trim tag

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  DaleM 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Note too the VIN is 13327 where trim tag shows 13427 - again showing the Fisher Body style number has nothing to do with L6 or V8 engine.

Being an L6 300 Deluxe sedan with special paint I'd guess some sort of fleet car like telephone company or maybe a local/state government agency. Looks like a pretty nice car by why put SS396 badges on a small block V8 swap? :confused:

#3 ·
Note too the VIN is 13327 where trim tag shows 13427 - again showing the Fisher Body style number has nothing to do with L6 or V8 engine.

Being an L6 300 Deluxe sedan with special paint I'd guess some sort of fleet car like telephone company or maybe a local/state government agency. Looks like a pretty nice car by why put SS396 badges on a small block V8 swap? :confused:
My question as well.:confused:

#9 ·
All the 5 digit number would have nothing to do with a COPO or anything like that. From my researching the numbers I have a theory that the number is actually broken down, the first four numbers are possibly the body number for a particular day of the week, which is the last number. The last number also never goes above 6, I believe it is related to the days of the build week and it may be possible that the 7th day was a sunday with no work. Using Woj's tag numbers as an example, it would be the 135th body built on the fourth day of the build week (thursday?) of the fourth week in May 1969. I have a chart I use to track those numbers and to date I have not found one that causes the monthly totals to be way off, of course there is alot of data still needed to really determine if this is in fact the meaning but it seems to make some sense. Of course this is all theroy and when only the trim tag is known the numbers place the tag in the general area of the VIN, I use it freqently to check my theory and so far it hasn't been way off. Just some thoughts on this. If anyone has any other info I would like to hear it to have another possible meaning. Take care guys. Andy

#11 ·
From my researching the numbers I have a theory that the number is actually broken down, the first four numbers are possibly the body number for a particular day of the week, which is the last number.

The last number also never goes above 6, I believe it is related to the days of the build week and it may be possible that the 7th day was a Sunday with no work.

Using Woj's tag numbers as an example, it would be the 135th body built on the fourth day of the build week (Thursday?) of the fourth week in May 1969.

My Kansas City built 300 deluxe tag ...... Woj
Andy, you may be onto something .... with this theory.

My Leeds 12E built 1970 Chevelle SS454,

shows a buildsheet date of 12/30/1969 .... a Tuesday.

trim tag number is 07582 .... as usual, in box 24 of the buildsheet, it only shows 0758 ...

Using this theory, my car was the 758th built, on Tuesday Dec. 30, 1969 .......

The only problem I see with this is theory is, I don't know if Leeds could build 758 cars per day ......

#12 ·
I considered the theory as well but question it just a bit for the same reason as above. I have a 69 KC tag on my site with 0934 - does seem kind of high for bodies built in a day unless Fisher Body was much more proficient than I might give them credit for. It could be too that since other GM models were being at KC, it could be a number for all bodies, not just Chevelles. Maybe?

I have three consecutive VIN sequence number 70 build sheets found in one car (and none were for the car they were found in).

Oddities:
Sheet 1: Style 13669, sequence #209763, 3070 in block #1, date in block #10 is 06-11, number in block #24 is 0754.
Sheet 2: Style 13680, sequence #209764, 3071 in block #1, date in block #10 is 06-12, number in block #24 is 0145.
Sheet 3: Style 13337, sequence #209765, 3072 in block #1, date in block #10 is back to 06-11, number in block #24 is 0146.

:confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.