69 builtsheet - Chevelle Tech
Tag Team De-coding cowl tags and vin numbers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 10, 9:26 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Todd

69 builtsheet

I found my builtsheet in the drivers side door panel, I have never seen another '69 with these options.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 10, 10:40 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Joseph

Garage
Re: 69 builtsheet

You don't see many 69 Sheets

Joseph
TC# 5427
ACES# 7460

1972 Chevelle SS 454 LS5 "W" Code Convertible
Sequoia Green White Top and Interior

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1970 Chevelle SS 396 "L78" 4 Speed Coupe
Black with Black Bucket Interior

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1970 Chevelle SS 454 LS6 Coupe
Forrest Green with Green Bucket Interior

post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 10, 11:23 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Don

Well Todd, I would agree with Joseph. Don't see too much out of the ordinary there.

Specialized Chevrolet Decals

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 10, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Todd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Lightfoot View Post
Well Todd, I would agree with Joseph. Don't see too much out of the ordinary there.
Malibu, LM1 350, M20 4spd, N10 exhaust, N34 wood steering wheel, F70 tires. ordinary ....?
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 10, 12:15 AM
Senior Tech Team
jerry

The wood wheel is rare for even an SS let alone a malibu. The light group is not common but not necessarily rare and I'm not sure of the F70 tires, never seen that on a malibu. This car was probably a dealer order not a customer order. The car would show very well on the dealer's rotisserie. The M20 was a wide ratio 4sp not necessarily a muncie trans and in this case was the saginaw version. All in all a fairly special car. Can't remember the last time I've seen a 4sp bench seat malibu, very cool.

Jerry
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 10, 1:30 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Todd

I bought the car from the original owner in 1999 still wearing its original Fathom green paint and all original drivetrain. The original wheels were taken off in the 2nd week and put in the ET wheel boxes that replaced them, they are in perfect original condition along with the dog dish hubcaps and I still have the original ET wheel boxes and ET 5 spoke wheels, this was the only thing changed on the car. The original owner special orderd the car new. The muncie was the standard 4spd trany with the LM1 option not the saginaw also standard with the LM1 was the 12 bolt rear. The original wheels are 14x6 [6 coded] 1" offset [just like '66-'68 SS396 wheels] and standard with the F70 tire option. There are a few web sites that go into great detail about the LM1 option in the camaro.

http://www.69lm1.com/id.htm

Last edited by Luke; Nov 9th, 10 at 1:51 AM.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 10, 3:58 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Keith

Garage

A very nicely optioned Malibu. It does say "Customer Order" on the lower RH side of the sheet. The person probably wanted a nice car without the insurance hassles/costs of a big block.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 10, 8:02 AM
von
Lifetime Founding Member
Von

Yes nicely optioned. He must've been economy minded since he didn't opt for the L48 300 hp version which tales premium gas. Other than compression ratio, no difference between L48 and LM1 engines.

von '69 Malibu Team Chevelle Member #15

post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 10, 8:51 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Todd

The original young owner was talked out of the L48 300 hp by the his new car salesman... oddly enough the car came from the factory with the L48 300 hp sticker on the air cleaner. I'm quite surprised at how quick this car is, I'd say a little underrated and as Von refered only 1 point of compression less then the L48 300 hp. The M20 and 3:31 gear make a nice combo, no drag race brute but just a very fun 350 4spd chevelle. After the engine was rebuilt it dynoed @ 304 hp.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 10, 9:28 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Don

Todd, let me clarify something. The options themselves are not out of the ordinary, but all together on one car would be, which I guess is what you are stating.

post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 10, 1:01 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Todd

How do you define ordinary...? I have been into chevelle and attending car shows for 30 years on top of spending many hours searching for chevelle's online, and have never seen another LM1 4spd malibu let alone with the other options. That being said how could you refer to this chevelle as common.
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 10, 3:16 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Don

OK, it's not common. Probably a "one of one". Is that what you wanted to hear?

There were a guesstimated 23,315 LM1 engines installed in 69 Chevelles. Transmission breakdown is not known. Is that rare? You be the judge.

Let it go, we don't need one of those "you know what" contests.

post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 10, 4:48 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Todd

Don, Your bio. say's your easy going and ugly whats up, is the market down today? I never said or even implied that the car was rare [so what's up with the "one of one" comment] only stated that after yours and other comments that the car is not common or so called ordinary as I have never seen another one with these options orderd together.

Last edited by Luke; Nov 9th, 10 at 9:34 PM.
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 10, 5:45 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Don

Yes Todd, I am very easy going. At least to a point. My first post was a very general comment. My next post was more defined in response to yours as I didnít want you to get the wrong impression from my first post and think negatively of me. Thought it would end there, but it didnít. My apologies if my early posts were taken the wrong way.

No big deal or hard feelings here Todd. Hey, we are talking about a uniquely optioned 69 Chevelle. Anything to do with a 69 Chevelle is always of interest to me. All is good

post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 10, 5:49 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Todd

Smile Re: 69 builtsheet

Me too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 3525 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.