67 trim tag numbers - Chevelle Tech
Tag Team De-coding cowl tags and vin numbers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 10, 6:11 PM Thread Starter
Team Member
Dave

67 trim tag numbers

I've got my trim tag decoded with exception of the numbers on the bottom of the tag, can't find info. Anyone know?

CO8
32940 170254
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 10, 6:58 PM
Senior Tech Team
Ethan

Re: 67 trim tag numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raffman View Post
I've got my trim tag decoded with exception of the numbers on the bottom of the tag, can't find info. Anyone know?

CO8
32940 170254
C08- Vinyl Top
32940- Order Number from Dealer Order Sheet
170254- Identification Number found on Trim & Body Broadcast Sheets

Ethan

1972 Chevelle
(oo________oo)
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 10, 8:03 PM Thread Starter
Team Member
Dave

Thanks, the paint code is C2, I thought that meant white with black vinyl top .

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 10, 8:16 PM
Team Member
Mike Crown

Quote:
Thanks, the paint code is C2, I thought that meant white with black vinyl top .

It does mean White with Black Vinyl Top.

C08 is an Option Code for Vinyl Top.. not color specific.. usually found on FREMONT Assembly Plant Cars.. but not always..

The other numbers on TRIM Tag are internal Plant Tracking and Job Numbers... They are not option codes and as I always say.. tell you nothing specific about YOUR car.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 10, 8:25 AM Thread Starter
Team Member
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66 MYSTERY CHEVELLE View Post
It does mean White with Black Vinyl Top.

C08 is an Option Code for Vinyl Top.. not color specific.. usually found on FREMONT Assembly Plant Cars.. but not always..

The other numbers on TRIM Tag are internal Plant Tracking and Job Numbers... They are not option codes and as I always say.. tell you nothing specific about YOUR car.
Mike how can I get a copy of the fact cd? I tried the links and email but something about a default not installed,??
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 10, 9:41 AM
Gold Founding Member
Dale

As Mike noted the C08 was used only on Fremont Chevelles in 67. Can't say whether it was on all vinyl topped Chevelles but I have photos of Fremont tags from October or 66 through July of 67 and every one with a vinyl top has the C08 code on the tag. FWIW, Fremont did this in 66 as well and was the only U.S. plant to include the C08 code onthe trim tag.

One area I kind of/sort of have a different take is the dealer order number and Body Broadcast Sheet number found on Fremont Chevelles. The number itself won't tell you anything about the car but if you are lucky enough to find either with the car, you can verify it is for that car by these numbers.

TC Gold #92 ~ August 1998

* Build Sheet Data Collection
* Author:

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 10, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
Team Member
Dave

Here's my info, my question is how close to the end run of chevelles in fremont was it/

07c
st 67-13617 BF22370
tr 750 C2
co8
32940 170254
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 10, 1:48 PM
Gold Founding Member
Dale

Quote:
Here's my info, my question is how close to the end run of chevelles in fremont was it/

07c
st 67-13617 BF22370
tr 750 C2
co8
32940 170254
Have to know the sequence number for that. The last GM reported sequence for Fremont in 67 was 161500 although I've seen a 162028 sequence for Fremont. The last confirmed trim tag and matching VIN is 07B, sequence 159910 so this should, obviously, be higher than the 159910.

TC Gold #92 ~ August 1998

* Build Sheet Data Collection
* Author:

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 10, 2:45 PM Thread Starter
Team Member
Dave

I'm 07C 1602xx not the end run but pretty close.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 3275 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.