Trim tag 65 - Chevelle Tech
Tag Team De-coding cowl tags and vin numbers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 11th, 10, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Remi

Trim tag 65

Can anyone tell me something of my car from this trim tag ?
I think only the frame is stock now, but would be fun to know how it looked originally.

65 Chevelle, ZZ502 with 11,2:1cr and 242/252 110 cam.
Th400. 3,73. 5200stall.
Best 1/8: 7,058 Best 1/4: 11,17 Best mph: 118,6 Best 60: 1,56
13.6mpg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bastard 65 project thread:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 11th, 10, 1:11 PM
Senior Tech Team
Jake

Re: Trim tag 65

http://chevellestuff.net/1965/trim_tag.htm The tag almost looks like a Canada trim tag. Was it shipped straight to Norway after it was built?

Looks like it has the original interior color at least, I think I saw that your dash is red, isn't it?

http://chevellestuff.net/1965/chevel...iors/index.htm

772 ~ Medium Red Ramada Cloth, Imitation Leather
(13637-69-80)

I don't know what the 6646 is, I'm sure there are guys here that do though.

1972 Malibu Sport Coupe - Victory Red on Black - 350/TH350

I do all my own stunts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 11th, 10, 2:40 PM
Gold Founding Member
Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokker View Post
Can anyone tell me something of my car from this trim tag ?
I think only the frame is stock now, but would be fun to know how it looked originally.

Is that the only tag that's on the firewall? Without revealing the last six digits of the VIN, what is the first part of the VIN? Is it 135695?xxxxxx where ? is a letter (what's the letter?) or 5135690xxxxxx?

Even the Canadian export shown on my page going to Antwerp has riveted tags, the phillips head screws on this are kind of odd.

TC Gold #92 ~ August 1998

* Build Sheet Data Collection
* Author:

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 11th, 10, 3:15 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Remi

Yes that is the only form of id I have found on the car. Any smart places to look ?
Nothing in the front window, nothing in the doors.

The title has a couple of numbers, Norwegian government change the title to the Norwegian system..
A couple of numbers are probably added an substracted.

Here`s whatīs in the title:
Understellsnummer (suspension/frame number): 1C1356956646
Vognkortnummer (wagon number/title number): 200803620654

Under Special notes:
It says Summer tires N50.15
I guess that means that I can actually use these tires legally :-) I`ve never noticed before, great luck as those side notes are very hard to get in your papers here in Norway.

No Idea on how I am going to tuck a set of N50-15 under there.. But at least itīs in the title.

65 Chevelle, ZZ502 with 11,2:1cr and 242/252 110 cam.
Th400. 3,73. 5200stall.
Best 1/8: 7,058 Best 1/4: 11,17 Best mph: 118,6 Best 60: 1,56
13.6mpg

Bastard 65 project thread:

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 17th, 10, 9:31 PM
Tech Team

For Camaros, GM International in Copenhagen imported cars into Denmark. http://www.camaros.org/foreign.shtml

But they did CKD production of other models up to the late 60's. That VIN (IC1356956646) indicates that is was built there - "Vehicles assembled in Denmark have the name "General Motors International" stamped on the ID-plate and until 1966 the ID-code also began with the letters "IC"."
Has anyone seen other Chevelles with similar trim tags?

Kurt S.
CRG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 3284 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.