Broadcast sheet in my 69 ???? - Chevelle Tech
Tag Team De-coding cowl tags and vin numbers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old May 6th, 10, 11:51 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Randy

Broadcast sheet in my 69 ????

After giving up looking for hidden info in my 69 tearing it down for a 2.5 yr resto. I found a broadcast sheet buried in the back corner of the lower seat while reassy of the car today.

It's an Atlanta car so I got some info and a few ????

10/10 black and black paint
A51 Front bucket seats, Astro
D55 - console
B96- Wheel well moldings
U80- Rear speaker
Z something 3 ???? is on the second row of blocks, block 3
2L6 ?????? IDENT NO Block 15 on the sheet
M21- 4spd close ratio
293 ?????
AT - plant Atalanta
756- Trim ?????
something 35- 3rd row block 14

Car was built 3-27-69
It also has the original 12 bolt 3:73 posi rear end and all tell signs of a 396 that I know of.

Any help on the ?????'s

Thanks
RandyB.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old May 7th, 10, 1:18 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Joseph

Garage
Re: Broadcast sheet in my 69 ????

Pretty good odds you have a real SS.

756- Trim ?????
Black seats

Joseph
TC# 5427
ACES# 7460

1972 Chevelle SS 454 LS5 "W" Code Convertible
Sequoia Green White Top and Interior

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1970 Chevelle SS 396 "L78" 4 Speed Coupe
Black with Black Bucket Interior

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1970 Chevelle SS 454 LS6 Coupe
Forrest Green with Green Bucket Interior

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old May 7th, 10, 9:13 AM
Gold Founding Member
Dale

I have build sheets and broadcast copy sheets from several plants in 1969 but nothing from Atlanta and none are in the format you mention.

http://chevellestuff.com/1969/bs.htm

Would you have a photo or scan of the sheet by chance?

TC Gold #92 ~ August 1998

* Build Sheet Data Collection
* Author:

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old May 7th, 10, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Randy

I've got to assemble it as it was ripped and folded, then I can snap a pic.
I saw one AT broadcast sheet on your sheet.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old May 7th, 10, 12:30 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Andy

the "Z something 3" is likely ZL3 SS conversion. I would like to add yours to my list if you don;t mind, PM the VIN and trim tag data to me. I maintain lists for each of the 69 assembly plants. If you send the trim tag info please include any hand stamped numbers that may appear on the tag, Atlanta seemed to like them. sounds like you have a good chevelle and even better with paper work. I also have a 10-10 chevelle but mine is from Baltimore. take care Andy

Andy
1969 Baltimore SS Chevelle
1969 Trim Tag Research (Ongoing)
More 1969 Chevelle data needed submit your info today

Information Security enforced
TC# 3135
ACES# 08305
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old May 7th, 10, 2:38 PM
Gold Founding Member
Dale

Forgot about trim broadcast sheets; like these?

I think in another discussion the second line, third box does have ZL3. Note these are from the same car and the top copy only shows Z 3 where a carbon copy shows ZL3 - also fourth line block 9 on the top copy shows B K where the carbon shows BLK. It appears as though the printer's letter "L" wasn't making a solid contact on the top copies but the carbons didn't care.

Blocks 14 & 15 are the body number on the trim tag so the 2L6 may be 216 and the last 3 digits of the body number. Don't know what block the "293" number you mention is from but if it's block 14 the body number could be 293216. ?

* Author:

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old May 7th, 10, 4:26 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Randy

Body # is 239216 so looking again at box 14 and 15 we see 239 and 216.
Do you know what the ZL3 is in the 3rd box. What I've found is the SS conversion????
I'll post pics here shortly. My digital camera needs batterys again. Sheeesh these things eat batterys
Thanks
Randy.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old May 7th, 10, 4:32 PM
Team Member
Bob

Randy
Your broadcast sheet is very close to my 69 Atlanta built broadcast sheet
756 I believe is "Black Fabric"
I also am missing the letter or # between the Z and 3 (I like Dales explanation )
Mine built Jan 21 1969
Block 14 & 15 196413 ( if i remember right it matches the last 6 #s on my trim tag)
M20 / A51 / D55 / B96 / U57 ( 8 Track ) / C08 (vinyl top)
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old May 7th, 10, 6:23 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Andy

The ZL3 is possibly related to the three interior SS badges, two door panels and the dash strip. Not sure if this is totally correct. Dale may have more details on this. take it easy Andy

Andy
1969 Baltimore SS Chevelle
1969 Trim Tag Research (Ongoing)
More 1969 Chevelle data needed submit your info today

Information Security enforced
TC# 3135
ACES# 08305
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old May 7th, 10, 6:36 PM
Gold Founding Member
Dale

Atlanta is the only 1969 plant I do not have a build sheet or a BODY or CHASSIS BROADCAST COPY sheet for but other plant's build sheets list ZL3 as well as Z25. Oddly in 1970, KC is the only plant to list Z25, all others only list ZL3 on SS936 cars.

I'd have to go with the averages and say it's an SS optioned Chevelle.

* Author:

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old May 7th, 10, 8:26 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Randy

Here you go Dale I hope this helps you and me. These are hi resolution pics so feel free to zoom away.

Last edited by 31 chevy; May 7th, 10 at 10:13 PM.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old May 7th, 10, 9:39 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
GENO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31 chevy View Post
Body # is 239216 so looking again at box 14 and 15 we see 239 and 216.
Do you know what the ZL3 is in the 3rd box. What I've found is the SS conversion????
I'll post pics here shortly. My digital camera needs batterys again. Sheeesh these things eat batterys
Thanks
Randy.

Try Ultimate Lithium! No.....the batteries, for the digital camera. My wife told me this after I used about 500 regular batteries in like a month. I would get like, 10-15 pics and maybe (2) 2 min. videos. on the regulars! Now, I can't remember the last time I changed them out.

GENO
1968 CONCOURS 2DR SPORT COUPE
ACES #7573
TC #4714
For '68 Concours info/pics:

and:
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old May 7th, 10, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Randy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS69Chevelle View Post
The ZL3 is possibly related to the three interior SS badges, two door panels and the dash strip. Not sure if this is totally correct. Dale may have more details on this. take it easy Andy
This is what I was thinking seeing as how the Broadcast sheet pertains to int assy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 3674 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.