1967 SS matching numbers w/283 - oh boy - Page 2 - Chevelle Tech
Tag Team De-coding cowl tags and vin numbers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 95 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 07, 7:00 PM

Re: 1967 SS matching numbers w/283 - oh boy

Hello, Yup This Is Pete.....
Glad To Have Everyone So Fired Up.
I Just Wanted To Say One Last Time That I Am Not Saying This Is An Ss Car, An Ss Never Came With A 283 In 1967 That I Have Heard Of & Nowhere Does It Say An Ss On The Car. Just The Vin & Title Create A Big Discussion With Anyone I Have Ever Talked To. The Factory Made A Mistake, Its Life & Crap Happens. I Know The 89 Year Old Lady Who Purchased It New And It Has Never Been Messed With. The Factory Put A 136 Under The Hood & A 138 Inside The Drivers Door. When I Titled It I Went To Fl Dmv, Showed Them The Tags And They Put 138 On The Title And In My Name.

The Car Is Original, Super Clean And Numbers Match.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 95 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 07, 7:19 PM
Gold Member
Freddy

This guy clearly is a knuckle head. Either that or he is smoking some good stuff. Seel that for $25,000??? Yeap, OK!!!!!!!! Wake up dude!!!!
post #18 of 95 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 07, 7:22 PM

I wrote the engine numbers down as best as I could see them and....

they looked like TO4I9DE

There you go. Play with that for a while.

post #19 of 95 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 07, 7:24 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Rocky Hill

If you have a 1967 396 with a date to match this car than good for you and you could strike it rich LOL.

Taken from the ebay ad. This just confirms what everyone suspicions are, a potential con in the making. I guess in my book that makes one of moronic statements mentioned.

Rocky

A Man And His Chevelle!
It's A Beautiful Thing.

TC Member #1530

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #20 of 95 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 07, 7:27 PM

To: Freddy Krugar/Mercado or whoever you are...
Name calling because a person has an opinion...real nice. I have seen Chevelles sell for more than that that people have butchered trying to replace metal and doing a crappy quick sale kind of restoration job. This is original and no knuckle head like you had the chance to screw it up.
post #21 of 95 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 07, 7:31 PM

Mr Rock, at least I am honest and if thats what people choose to do that is there business (it happens all the time). I obviously didn't do that and I will or would keep this car all original. I personally think to change anything about this car would be dumb as it is very clean and all original. aslong as people are honest about things that all anyone could ask.
post #22 of 95 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 07, 7:33 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyZ View Post
This guy said the experts told him the VIN tag and trim tag have different prefixes (138 VIN, and 136 on Trim) because sometimes the factory makes a lot of mistakes. Also states the numbers all match, making this the first 67 Chevelle SS with a matching numbers 283.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1967-...QQcmdZViewItem

Tony, where in the ad does it say it is an SS?

Dan

post #23 of 95 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 07, 7:36 PM

Oh yeah....just an FYI....LOL meens Laugh Out Loud when someone is joking and if you notice that is what it says at the end of my sentence. Also put the beer down when your typing cause when it spills it will wreck your keyboard. LOL..LOL
post #24 of 95 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 07, 7:43 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Rocky Hill

Dude, you really don't need to keep trying to justify your car to me. Cuz I'm just a beer swilling moron who's opinion doesn't matter. But I am ROTFLMAO

Rocky

A Man And His Chevelle!
It's A Beautiful Thing.

TC Member #1530

post #25 of 95 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 07, 7:43 PM Thread Starter
Gold Founding Member
Tony

Send a message via AIM to TonyZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing View Post
Tony, where in the ad does it say it is an SS?
As you can see the eBay ad has been edited so.... I could swear I saw it the first time I looked today, but I just revisited the site and it doesn't say it anywhere. Anyone else see it who looked early on before we woke the seller up and he edited the ad and posted here?

Gold - #358

2002 Avalanche Z71
1967 Chevelle SS
post #26 of 95 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 07, 7:45 PM

GUYS...You know what bothers me the most??
I am an honest person selling a car he loves. I know the vin thing is wacky but that is the way the car came and there is no question about it.
I even took the car to DMV.
It was truley a factory mistake
Why not help a guy out and give me a realistic suggestion instead of insults.
Should I just keep the car & save myself the harassment, should I lie to people?
What the heck?
post #27 of 95 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 07, 7:50 PM

Tony, you made reading error. I never said it was an SS and would not do that. When I revised the Ebay ad I onlycould add to the description (not change it). You can look at the ad on this site, the ad on Ebay and I have it on Racing Junk (never did I say it was an SS).
post #28 of 95 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 07, 7:53 PM Thread Starter
Gold Founding Member
Tony

Send a message via AIM to TonyZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by petey123 View Post
Tony, you made reading error. I never said it was an SS and would not do that. When I revised the Ebay ad I onlycould add to the description (not change it). You can look at the ad on this site, the ad on Ebay and I have it on Racing Junk (never did I say it was an SS).
You may be right - God knows I've been wrong before. Pete I have a few questions for you. Do you have the title history on the car? Was the "old lady" the only owner? Was she the only one who drove this car or had access to it? If this car is truly a mistake it's of a kind I have never seen or heard of. What are the VIN #'s on the engine, and can you post a picture of the trim tag?

Gold - #358

2002 Avalanche Z71
1967 Chevelle SS
post #29 of 95 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 07, 7:56 PM
Gold Member
Freddy

Nice try dude. Go back to smoking your weed and have a good time!!!!
post #30 of 95 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 07, 7:59 PM

Hi Tony,The car was in the old ladies name, then in her daughters name but never left the old ladys possesion. She stopped driving it for a couple years and it sat in the garage. The numbers on the front pad of the engine look to be TO4I9DE and I have pictures of the tags but I dont know how to post them. Can you tell me how to post the pics?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 4396 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.