Cowl tag help - Chevelle Tech
Tag Team De-coding cowl tags and vin numbers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 07, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Scott

Cowl tag help

I have a 69 SS Clone car. The trim inside and out is correct. It has a Big Block, TH350, I added a 12 bolt out of a 69 Chevelle with 3.73 posi, vinyl bench seat, column shift which I have knocked out and replaced with a B and M Pro Magnum. I do not care too much about numbers and codes etc. but do like to know some of the history behind things I own. I drive my car to and from work 27 miles each way a couple days a week even in 90 plus degree temps. I do at least one good burnout EVERY time I drive it. And I go to the track uncork the headers, put on my drag radials and run low 13's with a pretty mild 402. With that said I am looking for any help I can get decoding the cowl tag. Here goes:
ST69 13637 KAN 334245 BDY
TR755 71 BPNT
D6D 05365
VIN #136379K460791
Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 07, 7:54 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Andy

Re: Cowl tag help

ST69: year of the body
13637: malibu body
KAN: Kansas assembly plant
334245 BDY: Fisher body number
TR755: black vinyl bench seat
71 BPNT: Lemans blue with black vinyl top
D6D: should be 06D= fourth week of june 69 when the body began assembly
05365: plant control/sequence number-no specifics as of yet. my theory is that your car was the 536th body to begin assembly on the 5th work day of the fourth week in June 69, just my theory based on my research, not proven yet.

Another theory is that an L following the sequence number indicates an SS equipped body, your's is a known clone and does not have it which is another known non-SS body without the L. That theory too is yet to be proven factual. hope this helps some, thanks for sharing the info. Andy
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 07, 7:58 AM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage

" KAN: Kansas assembly plant"

Missouri actually

Leeds section, Kansas City, MO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 07, 12:32 PM
Gold Founding Member
Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
" KAN: Kansas assembly plant"

Missouri actually

Leeds section, Kansas City, MO
People tend to meld Kansas City, Kansas and Kansas City, Missouri into one.

TC Gold #92 ~ August 1998

* Build Sheet Data Collection
* Author:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 4415 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.