"B D" LS6 on ebay... - Chevelle Tech
Tag Team De-coding cowl tags and vin numbers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 07, 6:34 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

"B D" LS6 on ebay...

documented 1970 Baltimore build LS6 car with the "B D" on the cowl tag...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Docum...QQcmdZViewItem

..and yes,I did notice it has the wrong type battery

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 07, 6:56 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Dave

Re: "B D" LS6 on ebay...

What a bargain!

"He drives a El-frickin-camino, that's like the Cadillac of cars" Earl Hickey

1970 Elcamino SS396 4spd
1970 SS454 Chevelle

TC#632
TSC#11

70 LS2 Build thread

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 07, 10:36 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Bob

My one owner has some different stuff than this LS-6. And mine has 107000 miles on it. Are the lug nuts correct???? and the re-pop SS centers on the wheels? My SS wheel centers are the 1/4" deep type that came with it. My driver has a re-pop front bumper, The bottom 4 bolts on my re-pop have round holes not square like org. So I used hex head bolts. My org. bumper uses 4 Chrome round head, Square seat bumper bolts, No hex heads showing.
Not sure just asking? Did LS-6 cars have a 3 or 4 core rad.
Also missing some stuff on the power steering hoses. Very nice car.
I would like to see more O.E.M. 1970 parts on the car. I also question the exhaust manifold bolts.
My 70 LS-5 == M-22 was ordered by me, in Feb 70. This car could have been built at a different plant, Mine is a Balt. car built 2nd week of March. I could squeeze this LS-6 in my garage. Then I could do some detaling to get it right. In closing Why would a low milage 70 SS need NEW lug nuts and RE-POP - SS wheel centers. And a front bumper.
We all have seen sooooooo many FAKE cars of all types, I am most likely a guy that will question everything.
Is it real or is it " Memorex "
Bob

1970 SS LS-5/M-22 El Camino- Org. Owner-AACA 2016-Senior Grand National Winner---MCACN-GOLD-2013
1970 ( FRAUD) SS 468 Station Wagon - Driver.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 07, 11:26 AM
Senior Tech Team
John

I love it when they paint the Engine's lifting bracket Orange when it's sitting in the middle of an unpainted Aluminum Intake.

Happy motoring!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 07, 12:17 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Doug

I was at a local Steam and Old Tractor show this weekend,in Arcadia,Md. and they also had a small car show.There was a 70 Chevelle LS-5 car there I have never seen in the area before and it had the B D tag also.

70 SS 454 LS-5 M-22 Bornwith Drivetrain-Sold New Baldwin Chevrolet
72 SS 454 El Camino W Code-427 4spd.
60',1.46, [email protected] [email protected]

Elky at Cecil

Chevelle Resto Pics
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 07, 7:45 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Stephanie

What is the B D supposed to mean? I have seen B L on Baltimore tags but never heard of B D. Does it appear to have something to do with it being an LS-5 or a LS-6 car? Can someone please enlighten me on this?

TC member #3204
Aces member #08174
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 07, 7:49 PM
Senior Tech Team
Shawn

NOt sure, I think the consensus is that BD on the tag of Baltimore cars means an SS. My 71 SS 402 has the BD on the cowl tag and it is a Baltimore car

1971 Chevy Chevelle SS 402, TH 400. Nevada Silver, with Black Stripes
1967 Chevy Malibu Convertible, 350, TH 400, Bolero Red/Red interior car w/black top
2004 Chevy Silverado Reg. Cab Short Bed 4x4
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 07, 4:12 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Dean

Garage

Not sure just asking? Did LS-6 cars have a 3 or 4 core rad.

Depends on the rear.410 got the 4 row standard.

OLD GOLD
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 23rd, 07, 12:28 PM
Tech Team
JOHNNIE

it would be safe to say that all ls6 and ls5's would have 4 core rads. what was that thing to the left of the radio. in that red car.

i need motivation
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 23rd, 07, 12:52 PM
mr
Senior Tech Team
Don

Smile Re: "B D" LS6 on ebay...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr View Post

1970 Chevelle radiator codes .......... [Originally posted by " mr70 " - April 27,2005] .........

For 1970,the standard Radiator for those three applications was the 3 row radiator, as well as the L-78 engined Chevelle.Transmission type did not dictate it.

When Air Conditioning was ordered on the L-34, or a 4:10 Rearend was equipped on the LS-5, LS-6, then they would receive the 4 row HD radiator automatically. But when the L-78 came equipped with a 4:10 rearend, it still was built with the Standard 3 row radiator.

1970 Chevelle STANDARD radiator suffix tag codes:
*L-34 Manual- (BE)
*L-34 TH400- (BK)
*L-78 Manual- (BO)
*L-78 TH400- (BJ)
*LS-5 & LS-6 Manual- (BQ)
*LS-5 & LS-6 TH400- (BR)

1970 Chevelle A/C & HEAVY DUTY Radiator Suffix Codes:
*L-34, L-78 & LS-5, LS-6 Manual- (PA)
*L-34, L-78 & LS-5, LS-6 TH400- (PD)

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 07, 11:23 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Bob

I conform the rad. codes. My one owner has a LS-5-M-22 and A/C.
Rad tag is " PA ". Letters " X J " stamped on Rt. tank, Left tank is stamped " I F " .
Bob

1970 SS LS-5/M-22 El Camino- Org. Owner-AACA 2016-Senior Grand National Winner---MCACN-GOLD-2013
1970 ( FRAUD) SS 468 Station Wagon - Driver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 4408 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.