I've pulled in sidework to pump up the car fund, but it's not working out too well, reason for lag in updates. Starting a 2nd job at night, I'm supposedly hired, just waiting on the call for it to start.
I started out trying to preserve as much of the original metal as possible AND butt weld the new metal in to keep everything seamless. Don't recommend it at all. I didn't cut all the rust out, was running into issues with blowing out the weld due to the original metal being so thin due to die forming / rust, made for a lot of lost time and aggravation. Then started cutting out as much rust as I could and overlapping the new sheetmetal on good metal, it's going a lot faster.
Pass front footwell done, this was butt welded on rusty metal, lot of cherry chasing trying to seal up blow outs and a LOT of grinding. Can't wait to cover all this up with carpet or something.
Driver side mostly buttoned up, still have a little spot under the clutch pedal and around the gas pedal mount.
Heater box sand blasted, primered, and spray bombed.
Drivers rear footwell done
Pass rear footwell is solid (only pic)
But rear seat well is ate up. Lots of bends, angles, etc. Unsure how I'm going to get it done. New pan is $75, I might have to eat it and order it, feel I'll run into more issues trying to create this out of flat metal.