1964 4 door Malibu - LQ4/T56 build - Page 27 - Chevelle Tech
Projects & Builds For those with projects for up to date threads.

196Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #391 of 394 (permalink) Old May 16th, 19, 7:56 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Jeff

Re: 1964 4 door Malibu - LQ4/T56 build

Photobucket has removed automatic picture compression, so I'm using a cheap app on my phone, it's doing the job but reducing the overall quality of the pics, apologies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan65ss View Post
Love the autox shots, look at those front tires!
The UMI Suspension guys got REALLY good shots of my stock front suspension action. Think they're going to be using it as a meme or 2 at some point. I've got camber, just in the wrong direction.

Daughter's last practice with her old team, figured I'd drive the car. Again, don't realize how big modern cars have gotten. Right after this pic it started a torrential downpour, sucked.

After that, got it home, and started my normal regimen for cleaning it up the way I usually do. Since I fubared my lower back I was having reservations about firing up the big buffer as it's heavy and has a lot of torque, can really slap you around if you aren't careful. I ended up getting this small orbital DA buffer for Christmas, 6 months later I finally get to plug it in.

It honestly didn't do too bad. I'm used to tearing through this job and seeing major results. This took a LOT more time, didn't cut the paint as much as I'm used to, but did clean it up. I "buff", this setup is "paint correction", not as aggressive. Still, results speak for themselves.

Not wanting to spend another night guessing at results I pulled up my panties, plugged in ol bessy, and slung some 3M perfect it. It's a finish polish / glaze that REALLY takes out swirl marks and gives you a deep gloss. I tell people it makes the paint feel like hard jello. Garage ended up like this.

And car ended up like this. The orbital DA was perfect for applying wax though, kept me from tearing through my shoulder doing countless swirls all over the car. Car is a deep red now, am actually happy with how it looks. *The paint finish, not all the flaws, trim, wheels, stance, interior, etc..*

*Jeff*

Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
LQ4 / T56 Swap
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 394 (permalink) Old May 17th, 19, 4:09 PM
Tech Team

Might I suggest Imgur for photo hosting? They're set up to use with forums, with options to set a preview size, and link to the fullsize image, generating the links as needed.
https://imgur.com/

Photobucket are opportunistic *******s bent on breaking both the internet and their users.
Hotwire likes this.

Kevin Wright
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX

"This is not your father's Oldsmobile"
1970 Olds Cutlass Sports (post) Coupe - hey, it's an A-body!

post #393 of 394 (permalink) Old May 21st, 19, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Jeff

Weekend was a blur but did make it to the parade and daughter's game schedule changed so her and friends could ride. Had a great time, really enjoyed the parade, was cool to be in it. I thought we had plenty of candy but was wrong. Had 3 girls in the back seat chucking it as fast as they could, bottomed out the bins before the parade was over. It was like feeding pigeons, candy went out and kids swarmed trying to grab it up from the road. They got scary close a couple times.

Will have better pics in a bit, a friend got a hold of the newspaper photographer and asked for shots of my car. He literally stopped me in the middle of the parade and burned off a bunch of shots, then ran through a field and got more pics on the return road.

This was in the general pic dump of the parade on their facebook page, wife found it. (Northwest Observer / Summerfield Scoop if you want to check it out)

Drove the car in yesterday, went to daughter's award ceremony for school softball, took her and 3 of her friends out, cruised downtown, and they got a bunch of pics. It was amusing to see them operate roll down windows for the first time and learn how to lock the doors.

Drove it in again today and my co-worker brought in his 100% original 80's z28 4 speed.

*Jeff*

LQ4 / T56 Swap

post #394 of 394 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 19, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Jeff

Stopped by a long time buddy's house trying to talk him into wrenching on his dad's 66 nova ss. He told me to lay it out when I left, so pulled out, started out in first, then double clutched second and hung on for as long as I could. Hitting the yellow line threw the ass end out, going that fast, and hanging that far out coming into a curve was sketchy as hell so I slowly lifted till it straightened out. Was about 3/4 of the way through 2nd, so around 50 mph or so. The 205s are stickier and along w/ the updated rear suspension components I can get really good bite when rolling through the gears, but will still boil the damn things off if I'm not dialed in.

Daughter and I were out cruising on Father's Day, came home and saw our neighbor was getting her food truck painted. Pulled up, the "artists" fell in love with salty, had to take them for a ride, brought them back, then neighbor's daughter wanted to go as well. Came back and was able to get a shot as the sun was setting, pretty cool work so far.

Thank you again to lit photo app for pixelating the hell out of the pics.

Some more pixelated pics for ya'll. Finally got an email from the parade photographer.

*Jeff*

LQ4 / T56 Swap

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in