Team Chevelle banner

66 convertible 12 years in the making

21K views 124 replies 21 participants last post by  red68chevL 
#1 ·
I originally had this in the body shop forum but was told I should put it in here so here it is! 1966 convertible my dad bought about 12 years ago!. It needs kick pans , floor pans, trunk pans, and quarters. Well pretty much the works! Got some sand blasting done this week and this weekend got the kick pans cut out and fit. Also got all the old floor out of the way!

Attachments

See less See more
#11 ·
Great work, Joe! If you need any help or advice let me know- I have been through the exact same process on my 66 Convertible as well. I am only 20 miles from you...

Check out my build thread(s) in the project forums.
http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=332240

Brian

#13 ·
Nice progress. I'm trying to do about the same on my 2dr wagon. Any advice or help would be appreciated. I'm posted in wagons&4drs under 45 year project. Like you said it's a family thing after owning it for years. It's like dressing up one of the family for a night out

#19 ·
Looks like you got it to look good. My thing is block it till you think your done and do it once more for luck. I didn't get much done today. Going to pick up a bench sear tomorrow. That will take most of the day 10 hrs of driving.

#24 ·
Oh dear don't ask about color! My dad can't make up his mind for anything. But I'm far from paint! lots of stuff left to fix!.... like finding a new truck lid! I'm not sure about the bracing, i need pictures!

#26 ·
Joe just posted pics of my floor mess. Tell your dad like my son dose me(it'll be pretty in pink) I really don't think so. Haven't seen any trunk lids for sale but I am looking and will let you know if I find one. The post on the floor is in Body Shop under 65 wagon cargo floor

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.