'69 Chevelle - Project TIMACHN - Page 4 - Chevelle Tech
Projects & Builds For those with projects for up to date threads.

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #46 of 61 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 14, 9:17 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Richy Rich

Send a message via AIM to Hi-po SS 454
Re: '69 Chevelle - Project TIMACHN

The Tail lights look Great !!!

Rich
71 SS MJ 468" 570 HP 608 Torque Hyd Roller M22W (autogear) Muncie 4 sp 12B 3.55 posi...
76 TA SOLD
01 HD Deuce

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Walk around vid:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 61 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 14, 3:57 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Bart

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmcmillan5 View Post
Hey Bart your car looks great!. Perfect stance and the TL bezels makes it look real clean in the rear, worth the effort.

Did you end up using 9.5" wheels in the front? I can't tell in the latest pictures. Reason I ask is that I too would like a Wide Polished lip all around if I can get away with it on my 68.

Thanks, Tony
Thanks!

Yes those are the 9.5" up front but with the 245/40s and not with the 285s. Though Im 99.9% sure the 285s would've fit and not rubbed at all.

Youre right, the cell phone pics didn't turn out the greatest so it is hard to tell. As soon as I get the car back from body work Im going to get some better pics.

1969 Chevelle Malibu 396BB, DNE2 4speed (do not want - would sell), 12 Bolt, 18x9.5 Snettertons with 245/40 and 285/35s Conti3s.
My Build thread -

Wanted - 2" Cowl Hood. Would trade my 4".
post #48 of 61 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 14, 3:08 PM
Jon

Like what you did on the cheap control arms! I have a 68 GTO and have done everything except front control arms, and i like the idea of finding some cheaper A-Arms and upgrading the BJ's. What proforged ball joints did you buy? Did you buy the tall ones? If so on both top and bottom?

Just curious, Thanks Also good call on the wheels. I have been wanting some multi spoke wheels but dont want to spent 4k either. TSW makes some nice wheels.

post #49 of 61 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 14, 4:27 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Bart

I did the 1/2" Tall on top and stock height on the bottom. Not sure if I listed it here but the alignment specs came out as I had specified them to -
-2.9 Camber
+5 Caster
1/16 Toe In

Thanks for the compliments!

1969 Chevelle Malibu 396BB, DNE2 4speed (do not want - would sell), 12 Bolt, 18x9.5 Snettertons with 245/40 and 285/35s Conti3s.
My Build thread -

post #50 of 61 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 14, 2:13 PM
Jon

Thanks for the info!
post #51 of 61 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 14, 4:38 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Bart

Probably the last good pic I'll get of it this summer.....

My Build thread -

post #52 of 61 (permalink) Old Mar 6th, 16, 2:41 PM
Tech Team
Mikael

Garage

Very nice. I am installing 2 inch lower springs on my 69 and is aiming for the stance on your car.
/Mikael

-69 Chevelle Malibu 468cui/TH400 (136379Z)
-67 Camaro 327cui/TH350 - sold
post #53 of 61 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 16, 8:53 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Bart

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmer View Post
Very nice. I am installing 2 inch lower springs on my 69 and is aiming for the stance on your car.
/Mikael
Thanks! Its as low as Id ever want to go without air ride.

My Build thread -

post #54 of 61 (permalink) Old May 25th, 16, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Bart

Damn, Ive not posted much here.

Ive installed speedhut gauges (GPS Speedo) -

And I started working on the rear end.
Tore out rear end -

Pic of dirty rear end, less brakes and lines. Notice the UCS bushings not really pressed in all the way. Actually only in half way.

Got some stuff assembled. New brake lines, calipers, paint, yada - oh, and also hammered the bushings all the way into place.

Then I started reassembling. I got 3 of the 4 control arms in place. The drivers side UCA wouldnt line up. I know the 10 bolt has more clearance than the 12 bolt around the housing where the bushings press in. I checked the clearance on the drivers side and see the UCS is hitting the housing. No big deal, I'll pull the UCA and grind off a bit for clearance. Then I saw it -

So I couldve had it welded up. But I decided that since the car is down 2" and I have almost 0 degree pinion angle that now was the time to buy adjustable UCAs. Theyre set to arrive Thursday from Spohn performance. Hopefully I can get this pig completed. Taking way too long to do a simple brake job.

Im praying for minimal pad knock back at this point. I'll report back.

My Build thread -

Last edited by barrrf; May 25th, 16 at 1:57 PM.
post #55 of 61 (permalink) Old May 26th, 16, 3:20 PM
Tech Team
Ryan

Slow but steady. It looks like a nice car to suite to taste considering some of the basket cases out there. Everything looks great so far!
barrrf likes this.
post #56 of 61 (permalink) Old May 26th, 16, 3:49 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Bart

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideTech_Ryan View Post
Slow but steady. It looks like a nice car to suite to taste considering some of the basket cases out there. Everything looks great so far!
I appreciate that response. The suspension consist of BMR, GW, UMI, and Hotchkis. It needs shocks - Monroe Sensatracks are a lose. I should scout out some RideTech HQs for it - because why not?

My Build thread -

post #57 of 61 (permalink) Old May 27th, 16, 1:10 PM
Tech Team
Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrrf View Post
I appreciate that response. The suspension consist of BMR, GW, UMI, and Hotchkis. It needs shocks - Monroe Sensatracks are a lose. I should scout out some RideTech HQs for it - because why not?
Yeah the HQ's are great. If you need anything you let me know and I will get you taken care of.
post #58 of 61 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 16, 8:22 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Bart

So I went to bolt everything back up into place and I couldnt get the drivers side UCA to line up - I did not know this but the ears on the UCA need to have clearance for the 12 bolt housing. I think the PO didnt know this and just forced the UCA into place and combined with the bushings not being correctly installed lead to the UCAs breaking almost all the way through. I replaced with Spohn Adjustables.

Got everything put back up. Mounted the passenger wheel, and mounted the drivers wheel but it was REALLY hard to turn them, and I heard scraping. I knew somewhere in my mind that the rear rotors are slightly larger than the fronts. Well, the calipers didnt fit inside the wheel...........but just barely. So I made a fixture and took them my bro in law and had him mill down the theoretical OD of the calipers. They fit now. Its tight tho.

My Build thread -

post #59 of 61 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 16, 5:34 PM

Hi barrrf whos dash is that, is it carbon??
post #60 of 61 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 16, 3:59 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Bart

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevlvr View Post
Hi barrrf whos dash is that, is it carbon??
Its a Covans Dash. It is hydrodipped by them to look like Carbon Fiber. In all honesty I hate it BUT I wasnt sure what to do to cover up the faux carbon fiber.

Everything posted about Covans dashes fitting like crap is mostly true. IT took a lot of flexing, pressing, pushing to get all of the holes to line up to put the screws back in.

My Build thread -

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 1467 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.