LSA drive system for a 66 Chevelle - Page 3 - Chevelle Tech
LSx Engine Discuss the LSx engine & associated components here.

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 20, 1:30 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Awesome I really appreciate all the information from everyone. This is how it should be everyone helping each other out. I'm new to the LS world and people sharing their research with others is what these sites should be all about. Here's the GM part numbers for the 8 rib blower parts
12606031- pulley
12606032- pulley
12622452- tensioner
12606500- pulley bracket
12606501- pulley bracket
12676726- belt
NorCal-SS likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old Mar 12th, 20, 12:48 PM
Tech Team

Re: LSA drive system for a 66 Chevelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal-SS View Post
Good stuff! Thanks rpol78.
Well I finally got all of the pieces to mock it up. Using the rear biased holley mounts the outer corner of the compressor is touching the frame cross member. I put a bolt in the top front corner and can barely start a bolt in the lower front corner so it's not touching by much. It clears the tie rod end by about a finger and it looks like the idler arm would be fine.

It looks like the forward bias mounts would be fine. I originally had the forward bias but the magnacharger was right at touching the inner structure on the hood.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LSA AC Compressor.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	619202  
NorCal-SS likes this.

67 Chevelle
58 Vette
69 Camaro

Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 20, 5:34 PM
Tech Team
J

Looks good! I think a few love taps might take care of the interference

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC66 View Post
Awesome I really appreciate all the information from everyone. This is how it should be everyone helping each other out. I'm new to the LS world and people sharing their research with others is what these sites should be all about. Here's the GM part numbers for the 8 rib blower parts
12606031- pulley
12606032- pulley
12622452- tensioner
12606500- pulley bracket
12606501- pulley bracket
12676726- belt
If you search the 2 pulleys on rock auto you will find four seasons sells comparable replacements for a fraction of the cost of the Chinese delco pulleys.

post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 20, 1:33 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

NorCal-SS, yes I did order those two off Rock Auto for less than the price of one of the AC Delco pulleys. My engine builder also gave me the bracket that bolts to the water pump that holds the two supercharger pulleys you mentioned so that saved me $70. I did order all GM hardware from Pace Performance. I know it wasn't a necessity but having all factory GM parts I wanted it to match plus I like how the bolts are cone tapered at beginning of the threads. I've already stripped out a header bolt thread in the head so I wasn't taking any chances
NorCal-SS likes this.
post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 20, 5:21 PM
Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volks View Post
Sorry for not replying sooner. Using the Holley mounts, forward position, Holley trans crossmember, headers, oil pan. So the GM AC kit does not fit without modifying. It's pretty tight to the engine but the bracket hits the tie rod. I cut off the bracket and now has 3 bolts holding the compressor on instead of 4. Not sure if it will last but I'm willing to give it a try. Here's some pics.

Don
Don, Did you figure out what you're going to use for hose fittings into the compressor?

I was going to use the ones I bought for the truck Denso 10S17F (https://coldhose.com/catalog/product...909/image/963/) but evintly the LSA Denso 10S17F has different ports (i.e. uses internal O ring - https://coldhose.com/catalog/product...881/image/898/). I was thinking about using these (https://coldhose.com/catalog/product...96/image/2917/) but they won't work with the LSA compressor. I'd like to have something with a 90 since it's a little tight to the frame.

FWIW - I moved the engine back forward with the holley forward bias mounts and get about the same clearance on the cross member as you show. It looks like on the 67 the tie rod ends/drag link and idler arm will clear without mods to the compressor bracket or compressor.

67 Chevelle
58 Vette
69 Camaro

Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old Apr 25th, 20, 11:10 PM
Tech Team
Don

Garage

rpol78 I haven't run the hoses yet. I was planning on using the hose kit that came with the kit. Pretty sure one side is crimped and the other side is cut to fit then put ends on it. Once I got the engine and trans set up I pulled it back out and started the body work. It's almost ready for paint then it goes back together. I got sidetracked on the Chevelle because I bought a 69 RS Camaro for my daughter and been spending time adding a Sniper fuel injection to it. Lol
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 20, 10:38 AM
Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volks View Post
rpol78 I haven't run the hoses yet. I was planning on using the hose kit that came with the kit. Pretty sure one side is crimped and the other side is cut to fit then put ends on it. Once I got the engine and trans set up I pulled it back out and started the body work. It's almost ready for paint then it goes back together. I got sidetracked on the Chevelle because I bought a 69 RS Camaro for my daughter and been spending time adding a Sniper fuel injection to it. Lol
By "the hose kit that came with the kit", are you referring to the vintage air hoses? If so I'm not sure they'll work for connecting to the compressor since vintage air is designed for the Sanden compressor rather than the Denso.

That's great your daughter is into old muscle cars. Congrats...

67 Chevelle
58 Vette
69 Camaro

Build Thread:
post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 20, 12:11 PM
Tech Team
Don

Garage

Yep. Vintage sent me the whole kit minus compressor. I believe I need to use a crimper tool on the one side of the hoses. You might be right about the fittings not working on the compressor though. I think I remember someone mentioning compressor fittings on one of the forums. This is the kit they sent me. And the Camaro.

Don
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3616.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	624596   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_E3614.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	624598   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3321.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	624604  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in