looking to do a LS swap in a 67 - Page 2 - Chevelle Tech
LSx Engine Discuss the LSx engine & associated components here.

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 20, 6:38 AM
Senior Tech Team

Re: looking to do a LS swap in a 67

My 67. 1” setback mounts, shorty stainless headers, haven’t driven yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AA1A81F8-E629-40E1-AE2C-8535FC5B04DF.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	613576  

Tighten it till it strips and back it off a quarter turn.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

70 (SOLD)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 20, 2:14 PM

I'm currently building a 66 with a 6.0 and T56 magnum six speed transmission, if you don't have basic welding equipment I would stay away from the T56 since you have to modify the transmission tunnel. I'm using all Holley hardware, motor mounts, headers and transmission crossmember the Holley stuff fits great and takes any guesswork out of the equation. I'm using a Moroso oil pan though since it has baffling it was $50 than the Holley and holds 7qts of oil and does not hang below the front crossmember. For engine wiring I went with BP Automotive really nice harness
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 20, 2:41 PM
Mike

Garage

Thanks guys. I am going to start my plan then. Thanks for the engine tips. as we all do we want these to go smooth but know there are hick up. Love the Pontiac's. Wish I had my parents 69 Catalina convertible.

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 20, 2:52 PM
Mike

Garage

automatic. Maybe re-using my TCI Street/strip TH400 or if all works a 4L60e without doing any fab. The pans in mine are all very solid and straight.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old Jan 16th, 20, 10:51 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Nick

Here are a couple of pics of what was done to the front crossmember when we mounted the L99/6L80 on the CHEVARO project.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	84A.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	613686   Click image for larger version

Name:	84B.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	613688   Click image for larger version

Name:	85.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	613690  

Here's a link to my 2014 Camaro SS donor to 70 Malibu restomod project:

post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 11:10 PM Thread Starter

Hey I apologize to all you guys that responded back to my earlier post. I got busy and side tracked and never got back on for a while. I'm up to my eyeballs with this swap now, have a LS1 out of a vette with a 4L60e tranny, looking to find what oil pan I'll need for the swap. I've looked for that article in Hot Rod from this past summer but haven't found it yet. A couple of you guys posted some links, thanks, I'm going to take a look at them, right now I'm trying to find out what oil pan I need for swap. I'll be back about everyday now checking in, going to check the links you guys provided too. If I can figure out how to post pics I'll put some up as it goes. Thanks again to you guys to responded a while back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in