20 years later, - Chevelle Tech
LSx Engine Discuss the LSx engine & associated components here.

7Likes
  • 1 Post By f6john
  • 1 Post By 72 Greenbrier
  • 1 Post By shovelrick
  • 1 Post By f6john
  • 3 Post By f6john

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old Nov 27th, 17, 9:49 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
John

20 years later,

http://https://www.chevelles.com/foru...1&d=1511833588Iíve owned my 67 Chevelle since 1989 and spent a good amount of money trying to make it a car I would have driven in high school if I could have afforded a new 67 back then. My son was a senior in high school in 1997 and in a moment of weakness I allowed him to drive it even though it wasnít completely finished. Long story shortened, he took an excursion down a ditch a few miles from home. No frame damage but a lot of bent sheet metal. The car hasnít moved from itís spot in the garage for 20 years.

Iíll be 65 next month so I decided itís time. Iím hoping I have enough drive left in me to finally finish and drive a car I always wanted. Going to start from scratch and do all the upgrades I want and can afford.

Just picked up the new heart of my project,

http://https://www.chevelles.com/foru...1&d=1511833186

Sorry about the upside down pictures havenít figured out how to spin them around yet!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F31EDCDD-3BFC-44D9-A6EF-176016013D51.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	498482   Click image for larger version

Name:	7D3FBC93-5382-41EC-83C5-15162A1354DD.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	498498  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old Nov 27th, 17, 11:42 PM
Tech Team
Mike

Re: 20 years later,

Here you go...

Oh, and keep us posted. You'll love the LS.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7D3FBC93-5382-41EC-83C5-15162A1354DD.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	498618   Click image for larger version

Name:	F31EDCDD-3BFC-44D9-A6EF-176016013D51.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	498626  

"LS swap without breaking the bank"

"Project Greenbrier" build thread...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old Nov 27th, 17, 11:55 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to davewho1
Wink Re: 20 years later,

Quote:
Originally Posted by f6john View Post
Sorry about the upside down pictures havenít figured out how to spin them around yet!
Phone pics, I presume?

Turn the phone 180* when taking pics, or fix them in a photo program before posting.

David

1966 Fremont 11A, SS396/L35 coupe - 1 of 66,843
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MM/763; A01; A39; A51; D55; M35; N40; U14; U63

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 17, 9:01 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
John

iPad pics. When I could use photobucket I had no problem with pics but now itís a problem for me. Iíll keep working on it.
davewho1 likes this.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 17, 10:07 AM
Senior Tech Team

Finish it, drive it youll love it all overa again the spark reignites...a little differently.

Quote:
This post is a duplicate of a post that you have posted in the last five minutes.

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 17, 11:04 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Ole

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewho1 View Post
Phone pics, I presume?

Turn the phone 180* when taking pics, or fix them in a photo program before posting.
I tried flipping my photos around before posting....didn't work....they still posted upside down.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 17, 6:27 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
John

Well apparently Greenbrier knows how, he fixed mine. Maybe he will share the secret?
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 17, 2:03 AM
Tech Team
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by f6john View Post
Well apparently Greenbrier knows how, he fixed mine. Maybe he will share the secret?

I click on your picture, right click, save them to my pc, reopen them in paint, (or wherever you want) where you can rotate, save and repost...
davewho1 likes this.

"LS swap without breaking the bank"

"Project Greenbrier" build thread...
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 17, 6:38 AM
Senior Tech Team

Have you talked to your son since? 😀

Tighten it till it strips and back it off a quarter turn.

70 (SOLD)

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 17, 7:31 AM
Tech Team
Deon

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwhite00 View Post
Yeah I am wondering how that conversation would go.

72 Chevelle, 454, TH400, 3:73's

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 17, 8:18 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
rick

Garage

I'm guessing he's still grounded 20 years later, I think I would have ran away and joined the traveling circus
b&b's69 likes this.

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 17, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwhite00 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72SS454Chevelle View Post
Yeah I am wondering how that conversation would go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelrick View Post
I'm guessing he's still grounded 20 years later, I think I would have ran away and joined the traveling circus

Well,,,,, I had a point of reference for this situation and maybe a little karma too. When I was 16 my Dad bought his first new car, a 1969 Dodge Charger with a 383. It was a wonderful car and Dad let me drive it around with him while I still had my learners permit. Valentines Day 1970 on a snowy night that I should have been home, I was out with my high school sweetheart and I spun out taking her home. Their was not one straight panel left on that car but I was still able to drive it home. Worst night of of life up to that point. Dad never went ballistic and we never talked about it again. He knew I was heartbroken that I had disappointed him which was true. I was a pretty good kid growing up and I suppose he was happy no one was hurt.

Biggest difference for my son is that his mistake has sat in the garage the past 20 years for him to see whenever he comes home. Did I mention I only had liability insurance on the car?
davewho1 likes this.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 17, 11:55 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
rick

Garage

Well I guess he learned something from that and hope and understands the damage was more than the car "your heart" and is willing to help repair the damage now that he's an adult, hopefully he is going to help, with my dad it wouldn't have been a choice, best of luck, rick.

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old Nov 30th, 17, 12:04 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
rick

Garage

I just re-read this, he wrecked your chevelle 20 years ago and hasn't made it right YET!, that is just wrong he is a grown man now or what? he should man up and fix the wrong, just my very honest opinion and I also have 4 kids & 5 Gkids, rick

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old Nov 30th, 17, 8:39 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelrick View Post
I just re-read this, he wrecked your chevelle 20 years ago and hasn't made it right YET!, that is just wrong he is a grown man now or what? he should man up and fix the wrong, just my very honest opinion and I also have 4 kids & 5 Gkids, rick
His day is coming, 2 years ago he was blessed with twins! Twin boys! Now they were born premature and had to spend 3 months in the neonatal unit of the hospital. After they came home my wife and I have become their full time care providers while Mom and Dad are at work. So I have a pretty good handle on their personalities. They are walking now and they know no fear and while they hear No No No all day long, they still havenít grasped the meaning. Iím thinking in another 14 years, he will have his hands full.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 811 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.