• 1 Post By Blown1932

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 16, 4:42 PM Thread Starter
Gold Founding Member

Garage
Hp 38?

Why is short water pump required?
Thanks!

Mencken: “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 16, 8:12 PM
Senior Tech Team
Chevelle Doctor

Re: Hp 38?

To clear the radiator??

Authentication and pre-purchase inspection service still available. PM me for more information.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still looking for that elusive 76 Nova SS.
People who have nothing better to do than b!tch about signatures need to get a life.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

70 Chevelle L78/M21
10 Avalanche LT 1500 4wd
06 Equinox
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 16, 8:19 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Allen

Just looked up the blower kit it calls for and the blower kit requires the short water pump.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/w...FQYdaQod9pUPYA

Hope that was what you were looking for?

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 16, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
Gold Founding Member

Garage

I was wanting to know if there was a physical limitation with the block. I'm not sure what I'm going to need until I get there but don't won't to get there and not be able to use what I need. Not going to use Weiand kit.

Mencken: “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 16, 10:23 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan F View Post
I was wanting to know if there was a physical limitation with the block. I'm not sure what I'm going to need until I get there but don't won't to get there and not be able to use what I need. Not going to use Weiand kit.

Pretty sure it's just for the recommended blower kit. Can't think of any reasons other than:

- Drive type compatibility (i.e. brackets for long or short config)
- Space in front of engine

Other than that it's all the same from a mounting to the block standpoint :-)

So, as long as the drive system you plan on using is for a long WP and you have enough space to fit it all, you would be good to go
Alan F likes this.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old Dec 27th, 16, 9:21 AM Thread Starter
Gold Founding Member

Garage

Thanks Allen.

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old Dec 27th, 16, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Gold Founding Member

Garage

Maybe someone from ATK will chime in. What would that engine need to run 10# of boost?

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 16, 5:01 PM
Senior Tech Team
Brandon

Sorry, didn't see this. Yep, Allen is correct, this is the base version of our complete build in which the blower setup requires the short pump. If you are supplying your own setup, there is no limitation to which water pump you can run. With the ring package that's in it you're good to 10lbs...wouldn't go past that. We can always upgrade the ring package for another $150 to a Total Seal CS AP.

Let me know if I can help.

Brandon
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 16, 7:20 PM Thread Starter
Gold Founding Member

Garage

Brandon, thanks for checking in. Maybe get a few more eyeballs for you...

I'm looking for 650hp in a 671 blown application using an Enderle Bug Catcher with Holley EFI. Does it have enough cam? And/or can you upgrade the cam?

Thanks!

Last edited by Notalent; Dec 29th, 16 at 4:28 PM.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 16, 9:16 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Allen

Quote:

I'm looking for 650hp in a 671 blown application using an Enderle Bug Catcher with Holley EFI. Does it have enough cam? And/or can you upgrade the cam?

Thanks!

Please keep us updated on the bug catcher EFI set up.

I have a 32 Chevy sedan (chopped, channeled, big MTs, hood/fender-less) that has a 8/71 454 but is far from finished. Regretfully ther is a 69 Camaro and a 64 Chevelle in front of it and a limited budget so it may be years until it gets any love but when it does. I really want to go bug catcher EFI so I would love to learn from your efforts :-)
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 16, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
Gold Founding Member

Garage

Will do. I'm going to experiment with an adjustable wastegate so that I can run 11-12 psi max but drop it down to 6-10 with the twist of a knob. I'll need a robust fuel system and computer wide band to make it work.

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old Dec 29th, 16, 4:28 PM
Senior Tech Team
Brandon

Quote:

Thanks!
Hey Alan, no problem, thank you.

If you're looking to be in that power range, I would upgrade the cam/lifters and pushrods. The cam thats in it will make about 500HP with a 177 series blower and 6lbs of boost. Upgrading the cam is no big deal and a minimal charge, but I would like to see some link bar lifters in there as well for piece of mind over the OE Rollers.

I would also personally like to see a Dart SHP block used. I have built a couple of 6-71 blown engines with the stock block, but they customer knew going into it we weren't going to be liable for it. They were in the 625HP-650HP range.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old Dec 29th, 16, 7:53 PM Thread Starter
Gold Founding Member

Garage

Thanks again Brandon! That's good feedback. I'll get with you after the first of the year on a build.

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 17, 3:53 PM
Senior Tech Team
Brandon

Quote:
Thanks again Brandon! That's good feedback. I'll get with you after the first of the year on a build.
Sounds good, Happy New year!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 1023 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.