1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pioneer4x4

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 19, 1:53 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Tony

Garage
Shipping questions, or scam?

This weekend I wanted to order some parts on Rock Auto...

Mirror, fan switch, O-rings, receiver/dryer and A/C oil for my truck; sparkplugs, oil filter, belt, valve cover gasket for my wife's car, some stuff for my daughter's car...

I found everything I needed (except the VC gasket) from the same shipper ($7.99 shipping). The valve cover ships from a separate warehouse for an additional $8.99...

So since everything else was shipping in one order (one fee), I figured maybe I'd forgo the VC gasket for now, as that project is a few months away...

But when I deleted that single item, the other items went from a single shipment/fee, to three separate shipping fees (about $8 each!), and indicated separate warehouse locations…

WTF???

I reinstated the VC gasket set to my cart, and it went back to everything else being from the same shipper, except the VC gasket... No VC gaskets carried by the same shipper as the rest of the order...

So with or without the VC gasket set, its about the same overall cost... VC Gasket $8.10 (Beck Arnley).

I even tried switching browsers from IE10 to Chrome... Even though I manually looked up and re-entered all the parts ( no saved "cart" with Chrome), it still showed 3+ shipping fees, until I added the same VC gasket set, then it "magically" changed to just the two shipping fees...

So WHY is this happening? It seems to me like a scam to take more money. IF all those parts were using the same fee, from the same location, then NOTHING changed on my order that should affect that...

Once you go RAT, you never go back...
TC #1366

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

Sold

&

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jul 8th, 19, 7:56 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Bob

Garage
Thumbs down Re: Shipping questions, or scam?

Bait & Switch...aka, "scam" to get more shipping money. Like you said, if the order was all at ONE location, except one item. Then you deleted the one item, why else would it switch to multiple locations...it's BS and why I use Amazon a lot more lately.

I order stock supplies for the fleet I maintain, and it happens all the time...I usually just get pissed and delete the whole order.

Happened this morning on a basic order. So now, for the shady $8.99 added in extra shipping, they lost a $400+ order...
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jul 8th, 19, 10:13 AM
Senior Tech Team
Ed

Garage
Re: Shipping questions, or scam?

Simple, call then and ask.
NickeyChevelle likes this.

1967 El Camino Malibu - Deepwater Blue
ZZ4 350, FiTech 600 complete!,Roadmaster tank, 700R4, Underdash A/C in progress, JGC Steering, 1990s truck serpentine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in