Re: Are you ready for RACE Season? Get Your Competition Tires Today!
Heat Cycling Special!
, through Saturday, March 31st, 2018
purchase Competition Tires and get them Heat Cycled for HALF PRICE!!!
($7.50 per tire) at Discount Tire Direct. Don't miss out and get your orders in today!
Shop Competition Tires by Size | Discount Tire Direct
What is it?
Why Heat Cycle?
- The process of breaking-in new track & competition tires by gradually warming them up and allowing them to rest before next track use. During the rest period, the tread compound forms new molecular bonds which improve grip and wear.
How does the process work?
- Proper “break-in” of Competition Tires with special compounds.
- Improved tread life, more laps, and races.
- Potential for improved lap times.
- More consistent lap times.
- Convenience — more track time as opposed to heat cycling on the car.
- The tire is mounted on an appropriate-width wheel and inflated to the desired pressure.
- Assembly is placed in heat cycling machine, which has three rollers positioned at the corners of a triangle.
- Tire tread flexes where it comes into contact with each of the rollers, stretching the rubber compound to progressively bring it up to temperature all the way around the tire and across the tread.
- The tread temperature is monitored with a pyrometer to confirm when the tire has reached the desired 170-180° F temperature.
- There is no artificial heat added by an oven, forced air, or heat lamp.
- The tire is dismounted, a “Heat Cycled” sticker/stamp is added, and unit is prepared for shipping.
- Since the minimum 24-hour waiting period occurs while the tires are in transit, the tires are ready to use when they arrive.